Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's frustrating they don't have one of the bag searchers right by the turnstile making sure people have the code actually up on the phone screen. 

They did for the Upper Trinity entrance. There was a woman next to the search area shouting ‘please get your tickets ready on your phone’.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Grabbed some food with the kids from outside the new fanzone. Felt it added something to the pre-match. A good addition even if just temporary. 

Looks better in the flesh than in the photos for sure. 

Loved the new fanzone. Villa Park has needed something like that for years. I hope it becomes a permanent feature even once the Warehouse opens.

13 hours ago, blunther said:

Oh yeah my expectations are so low that getting in after 12 minutes of the game despite queueing up since just after 5 isn’t even a notable thing. 

It took you over half an hour of queuing to get into the ground??  What entrance point was this?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

It took you over half an hour of queuing to get into the ground??  What entrance point was this?

Lower Holte, left hand side. No idea if loads of tickets weren’t scanning or what. Mine didn’t work and while I was sweating at it someone came and unlocked the turnstile. 

35 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Is the slow entry issue just people not having their tickets ready on their phones? 
Sounds like an us problem not the club? 

I think there’s an element of user error, but if so many of your users are making the same error then it’s a problem with the design or implementation 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Is the slow entry issue just people not having their tickets ready on their phones? 

Its easy, been doing it for ages on the original NFC entry system. Then yesterday in lower holte they had changed to a digital screen, I buzzed me lad in fine then it was my turn and my brain fell into me arse. I started laughing then the steward inside told me what to do.. I said I know what to do, it's just me brain can't be arsed. But honestly they can't make it any easier

2 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Looking at post-match interviews with Emery and Martinez, on the board behind them, the Betano and Trade Nation logos are orange which would be less glaring than the bright red on the LED screens yesterday.

After watching MOTD when we got back the boards didn't seem as bright, even the Betano and Trade Nation ones.. it must be distracting when trying to pick a pass or concentrate.. 

I think it's the screens, maybe they need to be calibrated again 

4 hours ago, spiezels said:

Nah. There (again) was a lot of that, but the readers didn't work for a lot of people. I saw a friend of a friend being marched off by a steward because they just couldn't get his phone to trigger the turnstile. Don't know where they took him, I'll ask my mate what happened next time I see him. 

I'm convinced they need to have more turnstiles. They could build extra barriers further forward I think.   When you think about it the current structure had enough turnstiles to cope with people flashing a ticket in the face of an operator who immediate pressed a button to open the mechanism. 

However you look at it the current system is always going to take more time. They should have figured a way to incorporate more turnstiles into the building fabric. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Another genuine question re yesterday, but does anyone know if the problem with those missing seats in the Doug Ellis Upper had been sorted? Just interested to know if they had the missing row (was it row AA) put in over the last fortnight?

10 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Another genuine question re yesterday, but does anyone know if the problem with those missing seats in the Doug Ellis Upper had been sorted? Just interested to know if they had the missing row (was it row AA) put in over the last fortnight?

I believe they posted somewhere they had been offered alternatives for this game and a more permanent fix for the future

• Thanks 1

Went into the club shop on Saturday. It is better and I really like the retro area withe the shirts in the floor. However it is still rammed before kick off and ideally we need a larger store. I think Heck claim that is the best club store in the country is  a tadd OTT. The temporary fan zone is ok but I am not paying £6.45 for a pint thank you very much. Only downside is that the stage around the trinity has gone which used to have q&a's with former players before the match last season.  Getting in seemed easier and no reports of pissy toilets. Not sure on the dayglo adverts in the ground and we have lost the claret and blue balustrades in the name of more cash.

I was disappointed the European Cup commentary from ‘82 on the North Stand is gone, replaced by the LED’s.  I get the LED’s so I hope we can incorporate that somewhere else prominent.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Went into the club shop on Saturday. It is better and I really like the retro area withe the shirts in the floor. However it is still rammed before kick off and ideally we need a larger store. I think Heck claim that is the best club store in the country is  a tadd OTT. The temporary fan zone is ok but I am not paying £6.45 for a pint thank you very much. Only downside is that the stage around the trinity has gone which used to have q&a's with former players before the match last season.  Getting in seemed easier and no reports of pissy toilets. Not sure on the dayglo adverts in the ground and we have lost the claret and blue balustrades in the name of more cash.

You really ARE the fun factory

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I was disappointed the European Cup commentary from ‘82 on the North Stand is gone, replaced by the LED’s.  I get the LED’s so I hope we can incorporate that somewhere else prominent.

That banner is going on the Holte thankfully, according to Jacob Tanswell of The Athletic.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â