Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

55 minutes ago, blunther said:

Bogs alright in lower Holte. Even had a lick of paint. New LEDs is just more intrusive advertising. Now we can be advertised to on three tiers. I’m sure it’s a ‘revenue stream’ but it’s not for us. 

Absolutely blows my mind people are excited about advertisement screens. Presumably the fan banners that used to be there are no longer allowed

Has the 82 cup final banner been moved somewhere else?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Absolutely blows my mind people are excited about advertisement screens. Presumably the fan banners that used to be there are no longer allowed

Has the 82 cup final banner been moved somewhere else?

They should put it up digitally for some periods of the game. 

• Like 3

Apart from the blinding red Betano adds, I thought the ground looked brilliant today.

Perhaps the Betano ones can be toned down a little?

Yes, it's advertising mainly, but the display when we scored looked brilliant.

I agree, though, that the 82 commentary banner should be incorporated, even if it was to just appear whilst the players walked out.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Ticket scanners still don't actually work half the time.

It's frustrating they don't have one of the bag searchers right by the turnstile making sure people have the code actually up on the phone screen. I was guilty when they first introduced them after covid of trying to access off the email attachment and so wasted a minute of everyone's time before I shuffled back out of the turnstile. Even using google pay I can sometimes forget to get the code up.

Like most things after a few more games the majority will be ready as soon as they get in the queue so should be quicker to get in.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Genuine question, had they fixed the toilets? 

Holte End toilets were fine, but piss was spewing out from underneath the Holte pub into Witton Lane before and after the match 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, blunther said:

The switching from the red to not-red was hugely distracting just watching the game. God knows what it’s like if you’re just hitting a pass or a shot when it changes. Way too bright. 

I was thinking that but guess players are used to it by now as had flashing ad boards for about a decade. 

The 2000s feel a very long time ago now with cardboard advertising hoardings around the pitch!

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Bogs alright in lower Holte. Even had a lick of paint. New LEDs is just more intrusive advertising. Now we can be advertised to on three tiers. I’m sure it’s a ‘revenue stream’ but it’s not for us

I heard a thing once from an electrical company that I know works at VP but I've never actually seen it in action - a few years back when the club lowered the pitch and upgraded the pitch side boards they told me they'd done it because they'd installed some new fancy pants boards that allowed global TV companies to super impose localised adverts to their audience 

I'm guessing that these new LED boards around the ground do the same

So yeah, literally not for us

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Holte End toilets were fine, but piss was spewing out from underneath the Holte pub into Witton Lane before and after the match 

Yeah. And toilet paper so I reckon it was raw sewage spilling out.

Heck making his play for CEO of Thames Water when his time here ends? 

• Haha 2

One thing pissing me off is the Holte End fan park being right in front of The Holte turnstiles. Why can't it be the far side of the car park next to The Holte Hotel? 

That also frees up the steps leading down to Trinity Road which currently causes a clash of traffic flows around the back of The Holte. 

It’s a shame the area behind the Holte & North Stand aren’t car free … in an ideal world would be great to remove these spaces bar disabled parking to create fan parks. Would cost too much but building a multi story car park next to majestic’s would be a solution. Or if /when they do the north stand underground car parking under the stand but again very costly. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was thinking that but guess players are used to it by now as had flashing ad boards for about a decade. 

The 2000s feel a very long time ago now with cardboard advertising hoardings around the pitch!

I guess it could be a bit distracting for goalkeepers if there are flashing boards halfway up the stand at the other end of the ground.  Obviously it's a long way away but if a cross or lob comes in at the wrong trajectory then he might lose it for a split second.  Basically we should only turn them on the end we are defending.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I heard a thing once from an electrical company that I know works at VP but I've never actually seen it in action - a few years back when the club lowered the pitch and upgraded the pitch side boards they told me they'd done it because they'd installed some new fancy pants boards that allowed global TV companies to super impose localised adverts to their audience 

I'm guessing that these new LED boards around the ground do the same

So yeah, literally not for us

They do this in the NHL with region specific adverts, only problem is sometimes you can see the reflection of the in-arena adverts on the ice regardless! Also the tech they use for it in broadcasts can sometimes make players disappear…

CAE52C33-D610-4023-9C2A-BDF9738A180D.jpeg.4b543058002b55f01cd3ad2f2e05cf17.jpeg

I was in the Lower Trinity yesterday and found the LEDs way too bright and distracting at times, part of it is just getting used to seeing them (advertising hospitality….) on all levels I guess, but they need to turn the brightness down on the Betano ones in particular 😵‍💫

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blunther said:

The switching from the red to not-red was hugely distracting just watching the game. God knows what it’s like if you’re just hitting a pass or a shot when it changes. Way too bright. 

Yeah when they first switched from whatever the **** they were before as it wasn't noticeable on the vomitrys to the red it really caught my attention.

I'll be surprised if someone from the opposition isin't complaining by the end of the season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â