Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I will be aiming to go in there at the Everton match.  I’ve wanted some way of drinking at the ground before a match for many years. My only worry is that they serve fast enough, I don’t have the patience to wait more than 5 mins to get served.  I’d also like a full bar, not just beer. 

…. I am assuming it has a bar in there???

My worry is that it will collapse 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I will be aiming to go in there at the Everton match.  I’ve wanted some way of drinking at the ground before a match for many years. My only worry is that they serve fast enough, I don’t have the patience to wait more than 5 mins to get served.  I’d also like a full bar, not just beer. 

…. I am assuming it has a bar in there???

Do what most do then and fill ya boots at tesco across the way and drink it in the fan zone

No ques, half the price, better quality and no plastic cups

Roberts ya fathers brother 🤪 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, imavillan said:

jeez…some people are never happy

unless they are moaning 

Well, to be fair this is down to expectation management by the club. At first it was a big brand spanking new Villa live venue. Then a refurbished facility at the fan zone/gordan cowans suite building. And now its a portacabin you would get a some sort of large scale outdoor event. If eventually we do get the Warehouse venue then ok its fine for 18 months but this is a sticking plaster solution to the many issues at Villa Park.

• Like 1

Tom Collomosse in the Daily Heil seems to be suggesting it was Emery and his advisors who canned the North Stand plans...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13844747/Aston-Villa-stadium-upgrade-scrapped.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=social-twitter_dailymailsport

In December 2022, Villa were granted planning permission for a £130million scheme to rebuild the North Stand. It would have taken capacity above 50,000 and ensured the ground would host matches at Euro 2028. 

That scheme has been shelved, possibly never to be revived. Emery and his advisers did not like the idea of playing European football in a three-sided ground.

Edit: I want it be known I do not pay for the Daily Mail, or indeed read anything it has to say, Villa related articles are the only exception and even then I feel like taking a shower...

Edited by Teale's 'tache
I do not like the Daily Mail

On 12/09/2024 at 18:40, villan-scott said:

Well this is… interesting. Sure it’ll add to the atmosphere even if not the most aesthetically pleasing! 

IMG-0336.jpg[/url]
IMG-0335.jpg

Only thing missing is the Bait & Tackle sign…

awful.

I do hope it's temporary until we build something more substantial, but it's better than nothing, and we'll be the envy of non-league clubhouses up and down the country

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I do hope it's temporary until we build something more substantial, but it's better than nothing, and we'll be the envy of non-league clubhouses up and down the country

The Warehouse is replacing this.  One of the conditions of the planning permission for this temporary structure is that the site has to be returned to its pervious state by September 2026.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, andycv said:

The Warehouse is replacing this.  One of the conditions of the planning permission for this temporary structure is that the site has to be returned to its pervious state by September 2026.

Yes. At the moment. But in another 6 months the club could change their mind again. They have been doing  a lot of that recently.

4 minutes ago, andycv said:

Everyone complaining seems to be ignoring this.  Yes, we could request to extend that permission, but it's not intended to be a permanent feature. It will make us money, and costs very little. It looks better than what was there before, and will allow more fans to cheer the team on when they arrive. It's just not worth complaining about. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Tom Collomosse in the Daily Heil seems to be suggesting it was Emery and his advisors who canned the North Stand plans...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13844747/Aston-Villa-stadium-upgrade-scrapped.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=social-twitter_dailymailsport

Edit: I want it be known I do not pay for the Daily Mail, or indeed read anything it has to say, Villa related articles are the only exception and even then I feel like taking a shower...

But that doesn’t fit the agenda for some that it’s all this evil plot against them … Interesting if so though 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

But that doesn’t fit the agenda for some that it’s all this evil plot against them … Interesting if so though 

Yeah I'm not saying I believe it particularly, but I'm interested to see peoples reactions seeing as 'the narrative' has been well set on this for a long time. It would be quite odd for a manager to decide what happens regarding upgrades to a stadium, outside of a computer game anyway.

If it is true, and that is a very big if, then it gives an insight into the power balanace of the club, and just how much sway Emery has.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I don't believe for a second that an employee of the business, a very good one but one that could very well not be here in 12 months time if things turn sour, has a direct decision making power on the infrastructure of the club.

Just think about it; these plans were brought in not to make VP look nice and shiny, but to bring £x extra over the years. It's a massive, multi million project that will take years and affect everything from merch sale to the value of the overall club. Emery might very well not be here by the time it's done, who knows. 

And someone is telling me that a manager (an excellent one!) but just a manager comes in and say ''Noooo, cancel that plan for generational restoration of the stadium because I think we can score an extra 2 goals in the 4/5 CL games that will be played here' ?

Are we serious? 

Edited by Mic09

Just imagine that; plans made for years, 10s of thousands £££ spent, a promise to the fans, massive marketing campaign, and all of a sudden the manager comes in and say 'Scrap all that, I have a feeling (no guarantees!) that we will score a few extra goals with the old shitty stand'' and all of a sudden NSWE say 'Hell yeah, he is a competent football manager, let's cancel this infrastructure project on his say so!'

56 minutes ago, andycv said:

I don't see why they can't keep this as well as have the Warehouse. Spreads fans out, people get served quicker, so higher sales and more revenue. Assuming the council allow it to stay for a few more years. Only remove it when the whole North stand is rebuilt.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â