Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Chelsea now looking to build a new stadium at Earls Court. 

So the "look at Chelsea" excuse will soon be gone. 

They're not.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5758449/2024/09/10/chelsea-earls-court-stadium/

There is no plan for Chelsea to relocate to a new stadium on the former Earl’s Court Exhibition Centre site, according to the company managing a multi-billion pound redevelopment project on the land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Well this is… interesting. Sure it’ll add to the atmosphere even if not the most aesthetically pleasing! 

IMG-0336.jpg[/url]
IMG-0335.jpg

I wonder how much to get up to 1st floor and it doesn't look big enough 

I know where that horrible font started now, I watched Mission to Burnley last night and they have summat similar all over the place. And they have them mid stand LED screens.

Is this where Heck got the idea? Do you think he watched Mission to Burnley and liked it?

1 minute ago, Daveburnside said:

Stop moaning. If you don't like it don't go in there.

At least theyre trying.

Whose moaning, having seen it up close already I don't think it's gonna be big enough. Especially not if they want to use it for when the players coach arrives.

I'll be staying down the Holte End car park, no smelly portaloos up there

23 hours ago, villa89 said:

No, just the opposite. It seems they will try to maximise the number of seats in the current stadium by re-arranging the existing ones, possibly filling in the corners (which many on here cry out for every season), and adding a few hundred extra seats here and there. By the end of the process we might have a 50K stadium. Maybe. 

The only corners we can fill are the North Stand ones. Which would involve taking off the roof and building round which would be very expensive for about a 3,000 seat uplift.  The only benefit would be that you wouldn't lose capacity but have a very open North Stand for a bit. The only way of significant capacity increase is the demolition and rebuild of said stand. Which is in the deep freeze.

Edited by The Fun Factory

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Looks like one gust of wind and it'll end up in the North Stand.  I wonder what the odds are that it stays for as long as Heck is here and the Warehouse doesn't happen.

It strongly reminds me of the temporary pop up pub they set up in St Phillips Churchyard at Christmas. 

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Well this is… interesting. Sure it’ll add to the atmosphere even if not the most aesthetically pleasing! 

IMG-0336.jpg[/url]
IMG-0335.jpg

What a load of sh*te that is.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â