Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

5 minutes ago, andycv said:

Fair enough.  Hopefully I have managed to post them here!

Holte 1.jpg

Holte 2.jpg

Holte 3.jpg

These clearly show that it infringes on the park. Also, there is nowhere for the turnstiles, vendors or toilets as the road is under the stand.

There is no plan view, but as there is nowhere to place a cantilever, they will have to put (significant) support columns in the park.#

It also shows some kind of fantasy North Stand.

14 minutes ago, andycv said:

They're for the Holte!  I don't think I can lift from Twitter here but look at the post at 09.29 on 7/9 - it has the new North in there but the highlighted development is the Holte.

Thanks for posting and missed these were looking ! Very interesting this was looked at 

• Like 1

There are no credible ways that seats can be added to the corner of the Trinity and the Holte.

Firstly, you have the issue of the structure that holds the Holte roof up.

Secondly, you have the stairs that lead to the 3 tier corner hospitality that sits between the Trinity and the Holte.

Thirdly, the road is directly behind and if those first two issues didn't exist, you still wouldn't have anywhere to put turnstiles etc.

The only natural place for realistic expansion is the North Stand as most of us know with a replacement stand.

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

These clearly show that it infringes on the park. Also, there is nowhere for the turnstiles, vendors or toilets as the road is under the stand.

There is no plan view, but as there is nowhere to place a cantilever, they will have to put (significant) support columns in the park.#

It also shows some kind of fantasy North Stand.

I'd hope the professionals would know what's possible and what's not.  I think the fantasy North Stand is the design that has current planning consent?  So perhaps they were thinking these would be implemented post the North Stand being built?  But I guess there's nothing stopping them trying to do this first?

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

There are no credible ways that seats can be added to the corner of the Trinity and the Holte.

Firstly, you have the issue of the structure that holds the Holte roof up.

Secondly, you have the stairs that lead to the 3 tier corner hospitality that sits between the Trinity and the Holte.

Thirdly, the road is directly behind and if those first two issues didn't exist, you still wouldn't have anywhere to put turnstiles etc.

The only natural place for realistic expansion is the North Stand as most of us know with a replacement stand.

I don't know.  I was just sharing what I thought looked like architects drawings from the club's advisors.  I might be wrong!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Thanks for posting and missed these were looking ! Very interesting this was looked at 

I thought that too.  And if these are genuine, recently.  It may be an option.  And of course it may not, for all the reasons people have said!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Chelsea now looking to build a new stadium at Earls Court. 

So the "look at Chelsea" excuse will soon be gone. 

Don't worry, we can do a one way mirror GA+ hospitality area behind the leaking toilets called "the waterfalls".

That should close the financial gap. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We should build a new stadium. 

How much do think that would cost? And where would we build it? And how much bigger would it be than villa park and would we fill it every week? 

I don't think a new stadium is realistic, the new north stand was the way to go. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

How much do think that would cost? And where would we build it? And how much bigger would it be than villa park and would we fill it every week? 

I don't think a new stadium is realistic, the new north stand was the way to go. 

Would we just be kicking the can down the road though?

Obviously I have zero knowledge about this, but wondering if say, we redevelop the North Stand, are we also able to redevelop the other stands similarly to modernise the whole stadium and facilities?

Over time I mean.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Chelsea now looking to build a new stadium at Earls Court. 

So the "look at Chelsea" excuse will soon be gone. 

ManUtd planning to go to 100K seats too. It's inevitable there will be a stadium arms race in English football amongst the big clubs (like we've seen in the NFL and with Barca and Real Madrid).

The only real solution is to move, so we are not restricted by the surrounding area. Until that happens we can expect very little in terms of increased capacity. Parking and getting to the ground is generally a nightmare so that will need to be looked at properly as well. Everything that’s happening at moment to me is just temporary measures gearing up for a far greater project - still probably many many years down the line. 

Edited by Tayls

Is Villa park the only ground in the premier league (or all of the leagues?) where a public road goes underneath some of the structure? 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

If it fixes the manky pissy toilets I’m on board 😜

Some carefully calculated managed decline to encourage this opinion wouldn't surprise me one bit if it were something on the cards over the next few years.

We've obviously had the firm message from OBE via the fab that the club are clear there's no intention to leave Villa Park in the foreseeable future, but unfortunately when you can't trust a word that comes out of the club, a firm denial doesn't really quell suspicions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Some carefully calculated managed decline to encourage this opinion wouldn't surprise me one bit if it were something on the cards over the next few years.

We've obviously had the firm message from OBE via the fab that the club are clear there's no intention to leave Villa Park in the foreseeable future, but unfortunately when you can't trust a word that comes out of the club, a firm denial doesn't really quell suspicions.

I feel there has to be some games being played by the club at the moment.  Either to try and shift the games regulations, to try and get an independent regulator brought in, or to get fans accustomed to an idea that they've not yet put our there. It doesn't really make sense to me that they're acting the way they are on some things off the pitch, when we appear to be so well run on the pitch. There must be big plans to do something with the stadium, in some way shape or form, after 2028 is out the way.

Heck has lied numerous times in his interviews so his integrity is questionable. I'd give comments at the FAB meeting the same short shrift given how they described the badge development process versus what we were told happened at those meetings.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â