Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

12 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Going by the statement yes. Sounded to me like a new stadium. I think it's the way the other clubs are going too. 

What statement? 

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The one where Heck says we'll continue to increase the capacity every season.

Which clearly means we're not getting a new stand, we're getting incremental seats added wherever they can squeeze them in.  Particularly if there's a tv camera crew already there and we can just sell the seat without actually putting one in. 

Yeah, I've no idea how anyone can interpretate that as meaning the new stand is going ahead. That isn't a season by season increase. 

If anything it probably means more GA+ seats every season and incremental increases in stadium revenue capacity rather than seating capacity. 

• Like 3

Further works are planned next summer for the remaining stairwells straightened to make the bowl more efficient and a small capacity increase. I’ve heard they have looked at adding rows to the front of the upper tiers to create more of an overhang on the trinity and Holte but whether that is cost effective I don’t know. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Further works are planned next summer for the remaining stairwells straightened to make the bowl more efficient and a small capacity increase. I’ve heard they have looked at adding rows to the front of the upper tiers to create more of an overhang on the trinity and Holte but whether that is cost effective I don’t know. 

What's the maximum capacity you think they could increase current VP to?

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I've no idea how anyone can interpretate that as meaning the new stand is going ahead. That isn't a season by season increase. 

If anything it probably means more GA+ seats every season and incremental increases in stadium revenue capacity rather than seating capacity. 

No 'normal' season tickets in 5 years. All GA+

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's the maximum capacity you think they could increase current VP to?

Good question … I think they can add relatively easily an extra few thousand just by adjusting the stairwells and they have also looked at re profiling the lower tier of the trinity but you’d have an issue with disabled seats being removed. The corner of the trinity was to be reprofiled as part of the north stand redevelopment adding an additional 5/6 rows. I do think when they look again at the north stand it will be designed with a bigger capacity than previously planned. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I've seen what look like credible plans on X for the wrapping of the Holte End into the Doug Ellis and Trinity - with an extension over Trinity Road - apparently would deliver 3,500 seats.

18 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Looks like a new stadium is happening! 

No, just the opposite. It seems they will try to maximise the number of seats in the current stadium by re-arranging the existing ones, possibly filling in the corners (which many on here cry out for every season), and adding a few hundred extra seats here and there. By the end of the process we might have a 50K stadium. Maybe. 

5 minutes ago, andycv said:

I've seen what look like credible plans on X for the wrapping of the Holte End into the Doug Ellis and Trinity - with an extension over Trinity Road - apparently would deliver 3,500 seats.

Credible? Getting consent to encroach further on the park? Where would the piss troughs go? Food vendors? Turnstiles?

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

Credible? Getting consent to encroach further on the park? Where would the piss troughs go? Food vendors? Turnstiles?

The drawings have Grimshaw & Trivandi on them - so suggests they've been designed by our architects.  Unless someone has way too much time on their hands to fake them.

The account is @primetimeperry if you want to take a look. 

And the drawings are over the road, not the park (like the Trinity) so I am assuming that plumbing, toilet locations, food vendors, etc would be dealt with in a similar way - probably using existing Holte lower facilities and then creating an extended upper concourse. 

Edited by andycv

16 minutes ago, andycv said:

Those are for the north stand and not the Holte from looking at his Twitter account … 

5 minutes ago, andycv said:

The drawings have Grimshaw & Trivandi on them - so suggests they've been designed by our architects.  Unless someone has way too much time on their hands to fake them.

The account is @primetimeperry if you want to take a look. 

And the drawings are over the road, not the park (like the Trinity) so I am assuming that plumbing etc would be dealt with in a similar way. 

I don't do Musk's cesspit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Those are for the north stand and not the Holte from looking at his Twitter account … 

They're for the Holte!  I don't think I can lift from Twitter here but look at the post at 09.29 on 7/9 - it has the new North in there but the highlighted development is the Holte.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â