Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep. I think that's the case,  the scaffolding on the North Stand sort of suggests that they're putting stuff along the blue borders.

Screenshot 2024-09-08 at 20.22.02.png

It also suggests that the idea they'd have completed all of the work a couple of weeks ago was somewhat far fetched.

They could fit a couple of rows of glass bottom seating over the tunnel there. £800 a game to see the players walk below you. 

sock cookers only need apply. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Think it’s LED banners on the tiers ( not the Holte) and an upgrade to the current lighting system so we can do fancy synchronised light shows…   

Wow, that'll quickly make millions that 10,000 more people in the stadium never could! ;)

On 07/09/2024 at 17:58, avfc1982am said:

No it's really not a joke. I think the club will be thinking they can take all the business from the burger vans around the ground. I think the greed doesn't have any bounds tbh and I don't they would blink if they could get rid of all the food options around the roads leading to the ground on matchdays. Fortunately, they don't have any authority on the land around the ground. 

Well, maybe, but I doubt the club lets them pitch up for free out of the kindest of their own  heart. They must charge an exorbitant access fee. Would it be cost-effective for the club to bring external catering in-house? Given how unappealing the food offered inside the ground is, I would suggest not.

Edited by The Fun Factory

42 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Wow, that'll quickly make millions that 10,000 more people in the stadium never could! ;)

May help increase advertising revenue having a larger digital footprint for advertisers… 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tayls said:

And people are moaning about ticket prices! Not only are they going to see a football game of the highest level, they are also going to get a light show! 

And by light show you mean bombarded with adverts for face cream and fizzy drinks

11 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

That should fix the bogs shouldn't it

Might generate some sponsorship money that they can then use to fix the bogs...

Although having not prioritised it for a number of seasons already,  I won't be holding my breath.  Well, I might in the toilets with the rivers of piss. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Might generate some sponsorship money

Correct

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

that they can then use to fix the bogs...

Lol, good one

• Haha 1

Advertisement screens in the toilets next ;)

I'm sure someone else has mentioned this already. But it looks to me like they've put the North stand redevelopment on the back burner for now, because they want to get as much money from the champions league ties and extra revenue they can extract out of seats etc. right now. We're going to be getting the most money coming in we've probably every had (other than the Jack money). Reducing the capacity down to 36k the prices would probably have to be even higher than they are now. I think because of PSR and the other restrictions our hands are tied and this is the best we can do at the moment. I do think though that the issues that have been brought up really need addressing sharpish or a plan to sort them out, and effectively communicated to the fans as well. I think there's been a few too many changes that have left a bad taste in mouths and they could be addressed fairly easily. I do think if we'd not finished in the champions league spots, and we were in the Europa league it may have been a go. I don't know how much revenue we make on 10k seats but I'm assuming it's a lot.

8 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

Advertisement screens in the toilets next ;)

I'm sure someone else has mentioned this already. But it looks to me like they've put the North stand redevelopment on the back burner for now, because they want to get as much money from the champions league ties and extra revenue they can extract out of seats etc. right now. We're going to be getting the most money coming in we've probably every had (other than the Jack money). Reducing the capacity down to 36k the prices would probably have to be even higher than they are now. I think because of PSR and the other restrictions our hands are tied and this is the best we can do at the moment. I do think though that the issues that have been brought up really need addressing sharpish or a plan to sort them out, and effectively communicated to the fans as well. I think there's been a few too many changes that have left a bad taste in mouths and they could be addressed fairly easily. I do think if we'd not finished in the champions league spots, and we were in the Europa league it may have been a go. I don't know how much revenue we make on 10k seats but I'm assuming it's a lot.

It's obvious that short-term vision has won the day, while they are squeezing everything out of the fans they can possibly get, this is likely to peak in the next two years and I wonder where we can possibly go from there.  We could have had brand new facilities with more hospitality, more fans, the Villa Live getting used all year (albeit the Warehouse should compensate for some of that, assuming it doesn't get scrapped and the temporary building staying instead) and our income would be much larger from say 2027/28 onwards.  All I can hope for at this stage is that we are buying up houses on the quiet so we can build the Witton stand instead without losing capacity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's obvious that short-term vision has won the day, while they are squeezing everything out of the fans they can possibly get, this is likely to peak in the next two years and I wonder where we can possibly go from there.  We could have had brand new facilities with more hospitality, more fans, the Villa Live getting used all year (albeit the Warehouse should compensate for some of that, assuming it doesn't get scrapped and the temporary building staying instead) and our income would be much larger from say 2027/28 onwards.  All I can hope for at this stage is that we are buying up houses on the quiet so we can build the Witton stand instead without losing capacity.

The Villa Live is interesting. If they could have had that ready and got some fans in there and knock that stand down/rebuild it to help offset the dip in attendances that could possibly work. I'm guessing this was already discussed, and numbers crunched.

Heck and management have basically demonstrated  with their actions that ticket & and hospitality are a vital source of revenue for the club,  thus it is inevitable that we'll need to massively renovate or expand VP in the near future to stay on pace with the likes of Liverpool, City, United, West Ham, Everton and Spurs who all have or are in the process of developing their stadiums. 

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Heck and management have basically demonstrated  with their actions that ticket & and hospitality are a vital source of revenue for the club,  thus it is inevitable that we'll need to massively renovate or expand VP in the near future to stay on pace with the likes of Liverpool, City, United, West Ham, Everton and Spurs who all have or are in the process of developing their stadiums. 

When you say 'near future' what are you thinking?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â