Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I see we're not publishing attendances again. 

I was wondering how many 3xtra seats the reconfiguration had added. I was expecting the attendance to have been the biggest for years. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I was wondering how many 3xtra seats the reconfiguration had added. I was expecting the attendance to have been the biggest for years. 

There were three empty seats by m as they couldn't get through to the club to distribute them.

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

what was the attendance?

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't know. What was the attendance? 

can not find it anywhere Sid, hence why I asked 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

can not find it anywhere Sid, hence why I asked 

Mr Heck knows the attendance and that should be good enough for you young man.

(At the moment on the Premier League website, ourselves, Man City and Liverpool are yet to publish a figure).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They're in a right pickle with those seats that don't exist. They can't create 80 seats for people.

I think that mini camera gantry is going to be reducing in size as much as possible as the season goes on.

A fine mess Heck has made here. But he got to announce the kit, so good for him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mr Heck knows the attendance and that should be good enough for you young man.

(At the moment on the Premier League website, ourselves, Man City and Liverpool are yet to publish a figure).

Man City was the emptiest, Liverpool was the loudest and Villa will be made up

On 25/08/2024 at 10:34, El-Reacho said:

I see they're leaning heavily in to the 'Ye olde Aston Villa' theme with the old fashioned font and the swirly motifs on the signage. Can't say I'm a fan but I guess they think it'll resonate with a global audience - bit like Tom Hanks describing our name on Graham Norton that time.

Thought those swirls looked pretty stupid on TV, like an idea Wes Anderson might have rejected for 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' or something. 

17 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

There were about 8 empty seats near me. Apparently they did make it to the match but slipped on the piss soaked toilet floor and had to wait until they dried out.

There were 42 empty seats near me. The ticket holders had been cooked and served on platters to the corporate crowd by Chris Heck personally.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

There were 42 empty seats near me. The ticket holders had been cooked and served on platters to the corporate crowd by Chris Heck personally.

So they really do cook suckers

• Haha 1

On 24/08/2024 at 14:35, ferguson1 said:

Apologies for the blurry picture but wanted to remind everyone for ease of reference what we had previously:

IMG_2237.jpeg.30527cccf390ad039a9f19a972111394.jpeg

All it needed was a new carpet and the new lion on the wall.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They're in a right pickle with those seats that don't exist. They can't create 80 seats for people.

I think that mini camera gantry is going to be reducing in size as much as possible as the season goes on.

A fine mess Heck has made here. But he got to announce the kit, so good for him.

I am sill keenly waiting for the extra two thousand Mr Heck has promised in next's summer's off season. Or will that be more bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

All it needed was a new carpet and the new lion on the wall.

No, that is small time thinking. What we needed (if we wanted to change it) was a Bayern Munich tunnel; big screens on the walls with players, famous moments, etc.

It would also look great for any hospitality events where sponsors can be displayed.

We just pained the thing black and put up some shitty slogans. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thought those swirls looked pretty stupid on TV, like an idea Wes Anderson might have rejected for 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' or something. 

I quite like them to be honest. I assume it's mean to be the top of the gates around the holte end?

Having seen some of the other clubs' efforts I'm fine with ours (The man utd one is particularly cringe)

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

No, that is small time thinking. What we needed (if we wanted to change it) was a Bayern Munich tunnel; big screens on the walls with players, famous moments, etc.

It would also look great for any hospitality events where sponsors can be displayed.

Well yes, that would also have worked if we did want a change.

Considering how much noise he's made about the LEDs everywhere, that would have been a great place to use them.

That way you can make it black and white if Adidas desperately wanted it, but also claret and blue or indeed any other colour we fancied having on the day.

Could be some psychology behind the colour scheme, or maybe it's just one of the many things they've had to rush through to get ready and we'll get more evolution next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Looks naff IMHO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

In all fairness, I don't think it's finished yet.  Like a LOT of the summer works at Villa Park.  I'll reserve judgement till we see how it looks in a few more weeks.

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll be fine. Chris Heck is going to have them shot. They're only poor people anyway. 

I heard a rumour, gasp, that one of the season ticket holders brought his own packed lunch.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â