Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

I sit or rather now "rail stand" in the upper Holte, but looking at the North Stand there was a huge block of empty seats, is that for the new corporate tickets (that didnt sell)?

Cannot even sell these for Arsenal at home? It's not a good look, reminds me of a Wembley final 20 minutes into the second half all those corporate seats are still empty

Ironic when the Holte sings about empty seats.....

4 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I sit or rather now "rail stand" in the upper Holte, but looking at the North Stand there was a huge block of empty seats, is that for the new corporate tickets (that didnt sell)?

Cannot even sell these for Arsenal at home? It's not a good look, reminds me of a Wembley final 20 minutes into the second half all those corporate seats are still empty

As said earlier, a lot of the new corporate areas weren't finished in time so they probably didn't sell the seats. 

Pre match - did i miss it or did they not have the big lion with the scary eyes on the big screen before the players came out? Shame if that's gone as well

28 minutes ago, Hev said:

Pre match - did i miss it or did they not have the big lion with the scary eyes on the big screen before the players came out? Shame if that's gone as well

Yup didn't see it! Also what they've done to the players tunnels and turned it all black... looked much better before.. heck is slowly draining the soul out of villa park...

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Hev said:

I liked that lion!

• Like 2

I see they're leaning heavily in to the 'Ye olde Aston Villa' theme with the old fashioned font and the swirly motifs on the signage. Can't say I'm a fan but I guess they think it'll resonate with a global audience - bit like Tom Hanks describing our name on Graham Norton that time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

I see they're leaning heavily in to the 'Ye olde Aston Villa' theme with the old fashioned font and the swirly motifs on the signage. Can't say I'm a fan but I guess they think it'll resonate with a global audience - bit like Tom Hanks describing our name on Graham Norton that time.

I like the “Grand old club” type of theme. Villa and Everton both seem to pull it off well. 

As for the direction the ground is going in I’m not a fan . I know we need to generate money but I just wish they would expand the ground and think of the normal fan a bit more. 

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Most of the north upper corporate seemed to be full of arsenal fans

• Sad 1

I think the club has massively gambled on the amount of hospitality it now offers throughout. 

For the clubs sake, I hope we maintain our strong position in the league & has a streak in the champions league or decent cup runs. If we don't, and things become mediocre, the recent increase in prices & hospitality areas will be a tough shift. 

• Like 4

I used a portaloo for only the 2nd time in my life yesterday, I won't be doing that again. That's proper grim, now if I was in the middle of a field then ok but I wasn't. Even my lad said that was the worst toilet he'd ever used. There was no way I was touching the flusher

9 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I used a portaloo for only the 2nd time in my life yesterday, I won't be doing that again. That's proper grim, now if I was in the middle of a field then ok but I wasn't. Even my lad said that was the worst toilet he'd ever used. There was no way I was touching the flusher

really-i-cant.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Sort of on topic this, but thought the new tunnel looks awful. Why have they gone with the black and white? The old tunnel was classy.

I think that will be down to Adidas unfortunately.

I have seen some other people say they like the minimalism and modern.

I reluctantly have to agree that I'd prefer if it had the colours though as I'm loathe to feed the Heck hate. There's already enough for everyone lol 

Claret and Blue everywhere else though.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on the descriptions this is all I can think about...

" People use public toilets like "

GPqrPKzWwAA4iXa.jpg

Doesn’t everyone adopt this toileting method? Have I been doing it wrong all these years?! 

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think that will be down to Adidas unfortunately.

I have seen some other people say they like the minimalism and modern.

I reluctantly have to agree that I'd prefer if it had the colours though as I'm loathe to feed the Heck hate. There's already enough for everyone lol 

Claret and Blue everywhere else though.

If it's part of the Adidas deal then I can understand it but if it's done as an improvement then that was a terrible decision.

Utd and Arsenal are sponsored by Adidas and their tunnels and changing room areas are all red.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â