Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope it's not some psychology 101 "black is intimidating to visiting teams" bs :D 

It would be right though if it was! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

They're not our primary colours which is what is important. I would bet he did a power point presentation where he come up with  the ridiculous catch phrase too.  I think it looks horrendous tbh. 

We need to mix it up with the colours though - we use claret and blue literally everywhere. So having something a bit different and hopefully inspiring for the players to walk out to is a good thing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Perhaps he’s trying to send us off the scent? Fair point though, that is possibly more or less what it’s going to be like. Who runs out of it and what they then do is more important though. 

Yeah I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a light show or something along those lines as well.

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Well, Unai is the king of our lions… The Lion King, if you will.

Colour psychology is an ACTUAL thing as well in fairness.

Regardless of how anyone wants to downplay it.

Especially in branding.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Especially in branding.

Yup, black and red, I believe - supposed to be the most intimidating colours. Hopefully it’s intimidating for the opposition and not ourselves 😁

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Especially in branding.

Not dismissing it, just questioning how big the affect would be on PL level athletes coming to Villa Park and standing around for a couple minutes in a tunnel. Would the difference be big enough to to validate giving up our brand colours?

I actually have an acquaintance who is a professor at the Uni here and who's work is in just this area. He's geared towards consumer behavior, branding and product placing in stores but it applies.

• Like 3

I've seen a lot of comments on social media that despite spending fortunes on some parts of the stadium, the GA offering is still sh*t if not worse?

I hope they put the iconic european cup commentary back on the North Stand - it was just blank today

Edited by Hev
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Were the new LEDs obvious? Where were they?

They removed the blue and claret cladding in between the tiers of both Witton and Trinity stands.

Looks like LED but wasn't working today.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Hev said:

I hope they put the iconic european cup commentary back on the North Stand - it was just blank today

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They removed the blue and claret cladding in between the tiers of both Witton and Trinity stands.

Looks like LED but wasn't working today.

Yes, all the banners and flags have been removed. 

I assume for the LED lights they are installing. It would be a shame if they didn't return😞

8 hours ago, sne said:

Not dismissing it, just questioning how big the affect would be on PL level athletes coming to Villa Park and standing around for a couple minutes in a tunnel. Would the difference be big enough to to validate giving up our brand colours?

I actually have an acquaintance who is a professor at the Uni here and who's work is in just this area. He's geared towards consumer behavior, branding and product placing in stores but it applies.

I'm sure they've all gone in enough strip clubs for that corridor not to phase them.

8 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

When I finally got in the DE stand and started going up the stairs, I realised my feet were sticking to the still-wet paint and the bottom of my shoes were now yellow.

Probably read my comment and got down to B&Q Friday night.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â