Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

I’ve mentioned this previously in that it’s McGinn that has insisted on a replica being in the tunnel as well as the board room. Heck moved the trophies out of the tunnel but McGinn got his wish with a European cup replica being put back.

Good for McGinn, I think players do take notice of it, especially younger ones from abroad that might not be aware of Villa’s pedigree. Seeing that trophy tells people we are a big club. 

Typical of Heck to take them and try to sell them on eBay though 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Hahaha! You’d assume thats not it finished aye. 

You’d assume so! It just occurred to me that could be the standing areas… or have they painted the concrete flooring to spell out THE HOLTE?

Edited by alreadyexists

13 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Nah,. We had one chance before the Euros and they bottled it. But yeah, no doubt it will be cheaper to do in 2029. Not.

I think that when they do get around to doing it which I agree sadly not pre Euros the plans will be a hell of lot more impressive than what was previously planned both in terms of overall design and capacity. Huge shame it’s not under construction now but they’ve focused on bringing all stands up to a standard then will consolidate and push on from there IMO. Which I think is fair enough. 

I reckon they’ll be quietly buying up all the houses they can around the immediate stadium vicinity as and when so we won’t be as constrained when it comes to expansion as we push toward 60k stadium

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Peek of the new tunnel

This is V.

Not particularly sure why they went for BOXPARK vibes on this one. Just feels kind of tacky for a tunnel.

14 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Why black?!

I thought it looked better before to be honest. I guess we haven't seen the finished thing yet so... Let's wait and see.

48 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I think that when they do get around to doing it which I agree sadly not pre Euros the plans will be a hell of lot more impressive than what was previously planned both in terms of overall design and capacity. Huge shame it’s not under construction now but they’ve focused on bringing all stands up to a standard then will consolidate and push on from there IMO. Which I think is fair enough. 

I reckon they’ll be quietly buying up all the houses they can around the immediate stadium vicinity as and when so we won’t be as constrained when it comes to expansion as we push toward 60k stadium

Last bit you mention is where I think Aitoros come in.

Sure I spell it wrong all the time .

Wonder if the tunnel is black owing to our new found allegiance with Prince of Darkness Ozzy and Black Sabbath😀 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

"As part of our new partnership with JD Sports, we have redesigned the player tunnel to mimic a typical JD Sports store"

No way is the floor actually meant to be like that. From claret and blue to something straight out of a warehouse. Who thought of that?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

All our previous honours on the ceiling beams have gone, as well as the giant lion face on the wall? Mmmm, not sure but perhaps it isn’t quite finished yet? 

• Like 1

My local grocery store used the exact same font, including the smaller wording in the middle in black and white for their signs in the store :D Will try to find an image.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

My local grocery store used the exact same font, including the smaller wording in the middle in black and white for their signs in the store :D Will try to find an image.

Bet they used letters and words as well...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Typical of Heck to take them and try to sell them on eBay though 😂

Why sell them when you can rent them out for short period. That way the money keeps on coming! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â