Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

18 minutes ago, STO said:

On the official website Duran is number 24.  You'd think they would get it right?

I wouldn't actually.

I'd just like the toilets to be accessible against Arsenal and doubt they will.

On 09/08/2024 at 14:35, andycv said:

Club have announced the new store's opening next week....

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/august/09/new-villa-store-opening-soon/

"The new and improved Villa Store will open its doors to supporters next week.

In collaboration with adidas, the Villa Park store has been completely reimagined ahead of the 2024/25 season, creating a fantastic shopping experience for Villans of all ages, and will open at 9am on Friday, August 16."

Well did it open?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yes. Looks good inside and once the rest is finished it'll be a massive step up from what came before.

I'm surprised it doesn't have its own thread.

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I like the Aston Villa wording and swirls on the Trinity behind Heck.  Better than the Up The Villa wording.  All looks clean and ready to go.  Looking forward to the weekend. 

10 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I like the Aston Villa wording and swirls on the Trinity behind Heck.  Better than the Up The Villa wording.  All looks clean and ready to go.  Looking forward to the weekend. 

Impressed by everything’s that’s been done during this off season (the only let down is the badge but we have to move past that and accept it), we have a brilliant home kit, refurbed parts of the stadium, the store is magnificent and getting bigger and better. Credit where it is due.

Be good to see how everything is looking on Saturday and what has been implemented.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Impressed by everything’s that’s been done during this off season (the only let down is the badge but we have to move past that and accept it), we have a brilliant home kit, refurbed parts of the stadium, the store is magnificent and getting bigger and better. Credit where it is due.

Be good to see how everything is looking on Saturday and what has been implemented.

I wouldn't necessarily judge the work by how it looks on Saturday, there's still a lot to do, a lot of stuff is under covers and wraps while construction goes on behind it and there's still some scaffolding around the place. A couple of the Hospitality areas in the Doug Ellis Stand won't be open and there's no replacement for the fanzone in the old warehouse yet - I'd give it a couple of months until everything is finished and up and running before judging, or maybe even through to next year when the warehouse reopens.

It's a work in progress - but given the quality of the finish in the shop, one that I think we can be optimistic about and should come with some real improvement and a really classy looking Villa Park (at least in the expensive areas).

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

alright!!!! We get it!!! you’re not happy about the north stand not getting redeveloped. 

and you acting like he doesn’t want more people at Villa park. The man wants your money and every visiting fan’s money. There isn’t enough he wants. Hes greed is eternal. He will not rest until your entire pay cheque is in Villa’s coffers and that’s still not enough.. It’s just endless hell, much like  your opinion on the subject.

the new north stand will come. Just later than expected 

And when we get that new stand we should stick a new badge on it, the current one is shit.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed. I had a good walk around VP last weekend and club shop and back of the North Stand, and murals were the standout. Only disappoint was seeing that the old old badge was still ip on some areas of stands etc but I understand that this will take time to change. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

The swirls are getting added to the branding more and more. I like it, makes the branding feel authenticity Villa

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Agreed. I had a good walk around VP last weekend and club shop and back of the North Stand, and murals were the standout. Only disappoint was seeing that the old old badge was still ip on some areas of stands etc but I understand that this will take time to change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really curious about this new tunnel location.  Our current tunnel was one of the largest in the UK and adjacent to locker facilities obviously.  Will this new tunnel still be as large and impressive?

UTV

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Watched the video but can't work out what swirls you're talking about? What's the timestamp in the vid when they appear please?

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Watched the video but can't work out what swirls you're talking about? What's the timestamp in the vid when they appear please?

Straight from the start next to his ear. Just above the front row seats.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's visible on the picture

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Straight from the start next to his ear. Just above the front row seats.

4 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

It's visible on the picture

Ahh yes, cheers, I was looking further up the stand.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So theses LED’s I guess will be along the roofline as a continuous ribbon like the pitch level along with upgraded lighting ? 

I couldn't quite figure it out - they aren't visible around the middle of the ground and I've not seen anything being worked on at roof level - they don't just mean around the pitch do they?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â