Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it seems likely that the warehouse will be delayed beyond the given date of November/December - I wouldn't be too surprised if the work on it starts next summer. 

I don't think there is any reason why they couldn't continue to work on the warehouse all through the season rather than having to do work in the summer periods?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

really?  thats fantastic news!  where did you hear this?

Another forum no reason to doubt it.

• Like 1

Hmm. The covering letter with the application twice states that VP has been our home since 1987!! Presumably the Council will realise it should be 1897. A bit off that it is not just an isolated typo! 

Wonder where the players cars will be parked now?

Will there still be live bands playing? 

Finally, best of luck anyone trying to get away from that Tame Road car park within a reasonable time

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hev said:

Wonder where the players cars will be parked now?

At Bodymoor they all come in on the coach hence all this.

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

At Bodymoor they all come in on the coach hence all this.

They do that anyway - but their families park on the players car park to take them home after the games.

I'd imagine they'll just take up another section of the North Stand car park and some of the hospitality guests will move to the Tame Road Car Park - some Villa staff may get nudged to a park and ride a little further away as a result. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I don't think there is any reason why they couldn't continue to work on the warehouse all through the season rather than having to do work in the summer periods?

I'm sure they'll start the work as soon as they can - but they'll be concentrating their efforts now in trying to finish off the stuff that's already underway and in trying to get the shop open as soon as they can - once the season is open, the pressure on the car parking and the need for a compound and so on might make further works too disruptive. 

Went to Villa Park today and a crazy amount of work going on. I wasn’t even allowed to park on the North Stand car park, as it’s being used for construction workers only at present. Finally looks like some good work is being done to the existing shop and ticket office area.

I am a little concerned about whether everything planned this summer will be completed by the first home game though? Must be several hundred or more working around all four stands right now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wow what a transformation fair play looks amazing and finally befitting for a premier league team !

• Like 1

Club have announced the new store's opening next week....

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/august/09/new-villa-store-opening-soon/

"The new and improved Villa Store will open its doors to supporters next week.

In collaboration with adidas, the Villa Park store has been completely reimagined ahead of the 2024/25 season, creating a fantastic shopping experience for Villans of all ages, and will open at 9am on Friday, August 16."

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/august/15/Special-guest-to-open-new-Villa-Store/

Following on from the completion of phase 1 and the store's opening, phase 2 of the plans for the Villa Store will see it become one of the biggest and most impressive club merchandise stores in Europe, with work due to complete later in the year.

I assume phase 1 is the re-opening of the new larger Villa store as seen in the video clips.

What are the phase 2 plans then?

Edited by Brumstopdogs

On 08/08/2024 at 20:28, OutByEaster? said:

There seems to have been a gearing up this week, lots of extra people on site pushing to try to get everything done.

Vader brought the emporer with him, they doubled their efforts

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â