Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

In 2 years we have gone from this (with Villa Live and the new stand, then the announced modification last summer to the warehouse: 

to what looks like a sort of prefabricated structure over there by where the players come in.

It will be downgraded to a tent by this time next year 😄 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

In 2 years we have gone from this (with Villa Live and the new stand, then the announced modification last summer to the warehouse: 

to what looks like a sort of prefabricated structure over there by where the players come in.

Adidas tent sale (@adidas_tent) / X

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

And it will cost more to squat in the tent

• Haha 1

Its a metal shed. But if it makes the club money then who cares. Personally, I am hoping that the rumours are true and the Batrons is to reopen. I'd rather  go there then sipping overpriced beer in a building resembling a meccano set,, but each to their own.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not the prettiest, mosaics and Victorian brickwork it ain't, but it'll be a welcome space that's hopefully free to enter.

http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/mvc/listDocuments?identifier=Planning&reference=2024/04849/PA

It's positioned here, with the windows facing the back of the North Stand and a big wall creating a sort of corridor at the back between the car park and Trinity Road Stand.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.27.36.png

Is there space there to fit that building?  It can't be very big and still leaving enough room to walk from the Trinity side around to the North stand?

30 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is there space there to fit that building?  It can't be very big and still leaving enough room to walk from the Trinity side around to the North stand?

I don't think it takes up any more of that path - it'll be where the fence to the players car park is now.

One thing I did notice is that the entrance isn't where I'd expect it to be - that staircase is in the spot nearest to the players entrance - seems awkward.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not the prettiest, mosaics and Victorian brickwork it ain't, but it'll be a welcome space that's hopefully free to enter.

http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/mvc/listDocuments?identifier=Planning&reference=2024/04849/PA

It's positioned here, with the windows facing the back of the North Stand and a big wall creating a sort of corridor at the back between the car park and Trinity Road Stand.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.27.36.png

It's got a little balcony where you can watch the players arrive (I'm guessing you'll have to arrive very early to get a space on the balcony)

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.27.47.png

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.29.05.png

And a big plain wall at the back that could do with a bit of decoration (over to you adidas).

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.29.12.png

That's gonna be a distant view of the players arriving then. All that smoke in that confined space will be good for the lungs

13 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

That's gonna be a distant view of the players arriving then. All that smoke in that confined space will be good for the lungs

Why a distant view?

The bus will park pretty much directly outside this building and the players will walk in within a few meters of it - they'll also use access to the building as a way to control the smoke bombs (which the club hate).

If you're not in the building I think the view might be more awkward.

I wonder also what they'll do with the existing Trinity Road red brick area - they're talking about using this building to prevent that becoming a bottleneckeck, but I'd hate to think they'd just empty it out and leave it empty, I think there's room for both spaces.

As a temporary structure and solution this should be fantastic space for fans to congregate pre match and the atmosphere will be great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So when they said that the warehouse would be ready next season that was another load of porky pies.  And that was a modification from the Villa Live scheme and now we are getting a temporary shed for two years instead. 

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why a distant view?

The bus will park pretty much directly outside this building and the players will walk in within a few meters of it - they'll also use access to the building as a way to control the smoke bombs (which the club hate).

If you're not in the building I think the view might be more awkward.

I wonder also what they'll do with the existing Trinity Road red brick area - they're talking about using this building to prevent that becoming a bottleneckeck, but I'd hate to think they'd just empty it out and leave it empty, I think there's room for both spaces.

Won't be players be coming in the way they did for some of the games last season then. Or is that changing?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its a metal shed. But if it makes the club money then who cares. Personally, I am hoping that the rumours are true and the Batrons is to reopen. I'd rather  go there then sipping overpriced beer in a building resembling a meccano set,, but each to their own.

Bartons reopens 20th of August.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So when they said that the warehouse would be ready next season that was another load of porky pies.  And that was a modification from the Villa Live scheme and now we are getting a temporary shed for two years instead. 

No.  The club has been saying that the Warehouse won't be open for the beginning of the season for a little while.  Likely to be open November/December time.  Pay attention, not everything is a conspiracy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I dont see the Warehouse as replacing this. This temporary structure I imagine gets replaced by a more permanent one linked directly to the players arrival. The warehouse will remain a pre match party playground for those that want to get merry but aren't particularly fussed about catching the players?

Just because this has a 2 year lifespan, I wouldn't say means we have to wait 2 years for the warehouse. Imho.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andycv said:

No.  The club has been saying that the Warehouse won't be open for the beginning of the season for a little while.  Likely to be open November/December time.  Pay attention, not everything is a conspiracy!

I will be staggered if the warehouse project is done by December. Have they even started it? Why puting in yet another application for a temporary structure if that is the case? This temporary facility will do well to be open by that time. I asked the bar star in the Gordon Cowans suit at the back end of last season and they seemed fairly confident it would be business as usual next year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, andycv said:

I thought they said it would be Nov 2025?

39 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Won't be players be coming in the way they did for some of the games last season then. Or is that changing?

Changing - the bus will no longer be coming down Trinity road with the player entering through the hospitality entrance - they wanted to move away from having the crowd outside of the stadium for that.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, andycv said:

I think it seems likely that the warehouse will be delayed beyond the given date of November/December - I wouldn't be too surprised if the work on it starts next summer. 

There's talk that the general works in hospitality and the upgrade for the shop are behind schedule - the shop was originally intended to be opening about now and if I'm honest, I'm not even sure they've made much of a start on it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â