Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

58 minutes ago, imavillan said:

it's still got the old, old badge on it !!

I think there are plans in place to replace all the old badges that have been up for some time.  This is electrical work so will probably be a separate project.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Can someone run through what trophies are displayed here?  Especially the ones on the right!

7 Top flight titles

2 Second tier titles 

1 European Cup

7 FA Cups

5 League Cups

1 European Super Cup

4 FA Youth Cups

1 Womens Second tier title.

Would have been my preference to leave off all the second tier titles. Celebrating them when you've won top flight titles seems very odd.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Is there any need for this?

Aston Villa is trying to compete with Tottenham, Newcastle, Liverpool,  Arsenal, Man Utd. These clubs all have 10,000-20,000 more in through the door every single match day and spending every match day at the ground in restaurants, shops, cafes etc and of course premium offerings etc.

We hear a lot about how Villa need to improve revenue and yet you get ridiculed for pointing out that our decision to stick in the low 40,000s with capacity is probably the thing that is going to bite us on the arse eventually as the aforementioned clubs rake in that much more revenue than us year on year for at least another 5 years now. With one execution,  that exception being a club in the richest part of London, the richest and most successful clubs have been the ones with bigger capacity.

Anyway, "yay" for the nice paint job!

I’m a stadium geek and would love nothing better than a brand new stand. I’m thinking Heck has been given a certain budget for capex spending and the math dictated in his opinion that spending £120mill plus on one new stand wasn’t the best use of the funds allocated at this present time. We have struck when the irons hot and fast tracked improvement's throughout and around ground and existing areas to increase revenue. We can then re-visit replacement stands when the opportune time arises and we are in a healthier financial position.

I will definitely be utilising the new GA+ facilities next season and if I had more available time I’d be getting a GA+ season ticket as I’m happy to pay extra for a better experience. Some fans will always be losers in this but that’s the fault of PSR / FFP and not the clubs. 

my gripe which I’m entitled to point out respectfully just as much as anyone is entitled to raise is the regurgitation and bemoaning the fact the new north stand isn’t happening. We know  it’s not happening for now and no amount of rasing that all the time will alter that. 

Edited by thabucks

2 hours ago, Caravella82 said:

7 Top flight titles

2 Second tier titles 

1 European Cup

7 FA Cups

5 League Cups

1 European Super Cup

4 FA Youth Cups

1 Womens Second tier title.

Would have been my preference to leave off all the second tier titles. Celebrating them when you've won top flight titles seems very odd.

Don't worry.  There won't be space for them in a couple of seasons.... 😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Premier League have released their 'handbook' for the season which lists all the key people and details of each club.

Lists the Villa Park capacity as just shy of 43,000, which is an increase of a 250 odd from last season as a result of the changes this summer.

Seeing the digital billboard advertisement in time square gives you a glimpse of what the screen - albeit on a smaller scale will look like on the redeveloped clubshop - cannot wait … shame the clubs social media have provided pretty much zero  updates on the current works - it’s odd in this digitally monetised age that they don’t do more tbh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Seeing the digital billboard advertisement in time square gives you a glimpse of what the screen - albeit on a smaller scale will look like on the redeveloped clubshop - cannot wait … shame the clubs social media have provided pretty much zero  updates on the current works - it’s odd in this digitally monetised age that they don’t do more tbh. 

Still abit shite ent they. Fan engagement on social media is huge, especially for foreign fans. We could be way way way better. 

• Like 1

Still loads of work going on today, scaffolding up the side of Trinity and the shop area looks no different really, might all be going on inside though... I think it's a good job our first game is away

On 26/07/2024 at 13:15, andycv said:

Plans for the temporary fan zone are on the Birmingham City Council planning pages now - do a search on applications using the postcode B6 6HE and you'll find them if interested.

Yeah its been few months since we lodged an application, we were due one.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah it does I think. On that, the seats in the bottom left corner have a sort of red bit on them, as d other ones in the Lower Doug - any idea what that is?

Based on this image and an earlier one I think those seats have had the backs fitted but not the folding bases. Which is why on the top row it changes mid row. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, id92 said:

Based on this image and an earlier one I think those seats have had the backs fitted but not the folding bases. Which is why on the top row it changes mid row. 

That makes sense. A shame, they look 'cleaner' from a distance before they get finished off (albeit with the slight problem of not being able to sit on them).

On 26/07/2024 at 13:15, andycv said:

Plans for the temporary fan zone are on the Birmingham City Council planning pages now - do a search on applications using the postcode B6 6HE and you'll find them if interested.

Has it been approved?  
As it a temp structure like a tent/marquee, I assume they can put it up in time for our first home game?

Interesting that we've looked for planning permission for this structure for two years, while the warehouse construction takes place. I guess that means we might not be seeing the warehouse for a while yet.

It's not the prettiest, mosaics and Victorian brickwork it ain't, but it'll be a welcome space that's hopefully free to enter.

http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/mvc/listDocuments?identifier=Planning&reference=2024/04849/PA

It's positioned here, with the windows facing the back of the North Stand and a big wall creating a sort of corridor at the back between the car park and Trinity Road Stand.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.27.36.png

It's got a little balcony where you can watch the players arrive (I'm guessing you'll have to arrive very early to get a space on the balcony)

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.27.47.png

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.29.05.png

And a big plain wall at the back that could do with a bit of decoration (over to you adidas).

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 01.29.12.png

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â