Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The argument people here keep making is we can't afford to be without the North Stand while it is rebuilt!

My counter argument is:

1. Fat lot of good that revenue is if we have to sell a player like Luiz regardless of keeping the stand open.

2. We are spending a fortune on tarting the existing stand up anyway. Probably as much ad we would be raising from the existing set up.

Honestly.  It's ridiculous and short term.

Not so sure, having managed to sell the worst seats in the north stand for over £1500 they seem to be making lots of money out of the old beast. 

Insurmountable challenges seemed to be referring to the improvements for the general concourse. And you're right, of course they will. That's why we have been trying to replace it for decades now. 

I think the value of an increased number of GA seats is such that it's not a driver for development anymore

The North Stand is hard to do anything with in terms of capacity because you really have to knock it down to make it bigger, and the clubs focus is on "getting bigger without getting smaller".

What I could see happening is a large extension to the back of the stand; you can extend outwards toward the car park and in doing so give the club a lot more floorspace and the ability to add more hospitality and bigger concourses - I don't think it would be completely out of the question on that basis to see potentially the entirety of the Upper North become GA+.

I think that's the sort of consideration the club will be making, it's one of those areas where the thinking of supporters is probably behind the thinking of football clubs - when we think development we always think more seats, clubs are becoming more and more aware that the bigger gains are in better seats, not more seats.

• Like 4

Can't we just be bigger and better? We are strangling the next generation of Villa supporters to be able to actually get to games, the lifeblood of support.  If we don't increase capacity then the average age of the season ticket holder is just going to go up and up with people in fear of giving up and never getting back in again.  But I am old fashioned supporter and they don't probably care about  that- tv audiences and corporate far more important.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the value of an increased number of GA seats is such that it's not a driver for development anymore

The North Stand is hard to do anything with in terms of capacity because you really have to knock it down to make it bigger, and the clubs focus is on "getting bigger without getting smaller".

What I could see happening is a large extension to the back of the stand; you can extend outwards toward the car park and in doing so give the club a lot more floorspace and the ability to add more hospitality and bigger concourses - I don't think it would be completely out of the question on that basis to see potentially the entirety of the Upper North become GA+.

I think that's the sort of consideration the club will be making, it's one of those areas where the thinking of supporters is probably behind the thinking of football clubs - when we think development we always think more seats, clubs are becoming more and more aware that the bigger gains are in better seats, not more seats.

This was very much the plans for the 2005 proposals for the North - which were to be done after the Trinity.  I wonder if they will be dusted off and modernised?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess extending out the back of the stand you could make it look a lot nicer as well.  I don't think from the pitch it's that much of an eyesore, just the outside.

• Like 1

You can't keep a concrete constructed building up indefinitely. It will need to be renewed, not a case of if but when. I don't think it can see through another decade realistically. Maybe Chris Heck should take a seat in the stand for the season. Unless he's short, it's horribly uncomfortable. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

You can't keep a concrete constructed building up indefinitely. It will need to be renewed, not a case of if but when. I don't think it can see through another decade realistically. Maybe Chris Heck should take a seat in the stand for the season. Unless he's short, it's horribly uncomfortable. 

Well we know it's here for at least another four years for the Euros, which I guess gives everyone time to have a good look at it. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well we know it's here for at least another four years for the Euros, which I guess gives everyone time to have a good look at it. 

It’ll probably still be there to look at in Euros 2078!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’ll probably still be there to look at in Euros 2078!

Let’s hope the fixture congestion doesn’t get too much, what with it being World Cup year and all.

I wonder what the plan for increasing revenue will be once we maximise out all the new hospitality areas.

To keep up with the "Big 6" we will have to come up with a Stadium Expansion plan that we follow through with eventually.

Heck will probably get our revenue up to and beyond 400m and leave the task to the next man in. That's my guess ! 

On 21/06/2024 at 11:37, MrBlack said:

Not so sure, having managed to sell the worst seats in the north stand for over £1500 they seem to be making lots of money out of the old beast. 

Insurmountable challenges seemed to be referring to the improvements for the general concourse. And you're right, of course they will. That's why we have been trying to replace it for decades now. 

It's not lots of money though (in the North Stand)

I think it was 300 cells tickets?

So, at double the price of normal North Stand tickets they have effectively increased the capacity by 300 if you look at it as converting season ticket holders to cells season ticket holders. 

I think it's GA tickets being converted to cells STs though, so 19 games as a guess just buying them individually as General admission id say that works out somewhere around £1100. (And we'd be filling those seats this season on GA no problem). So that's effectively an increase of 188 capacity.

But then the idea is to drip feed this GA+ every season, slowly add more and more Cells and Terrace Views etc and make it the way to watch villa. 

Imo, they have no interest in building the North Stand because the demand for GAplus isn't there yet. They will want to fill the a new a North Stand full of it. When it's built I wouldn't be surprised if it's only be 2000/3000 standard tickets with the rest as hospitality more GA/Terrace View. So not much for the normal fan. They are a decade away from creating that GA+ culture which is why it's been shelved in imo but it will come imo as no one knows better than how to turn fans into consumers than the Americans.

• Like 1

Would this form part of the general kit deal or be a seperate sponsorship thing? Is it to be renamed The Adidas stand? 

It's a very permanent change to make if we change our kit supplier to someone else when this deal expires. 

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would this form part of the general kit deal or be a seperate sponsorship thing? Is it to be renamed The Adidas stand? 

It's a very permanent change to make if we change our kit supplier to someone else when this deal expires. 

Should be another £10m a season for the Adidas stand :cheers:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â