Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Apparently most of the corporate is sold out and there are already waiting lists for the lounges in the DE.

That was quick, they will probably still have match by match offerings depending on the match

23 minutes ago, andycv said:

If they have sold out, then I think the club will feel the decision was the right one....  Proof of the concept is in the demand to buy the tickets - not our reaction to it.

The LG ones don't appear to be flying though 

10 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The LG ones don't appear to be flying though 

A bit of trial and error in terms of pricing and what it is people want.  Personally I think the Lower Grounds is too expensive for hamburgers and ice cream.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

A bit of trial and error in terms of pricing and what it is people want.  Personally I think the Lower Grounds is too expensive for hamburgers and ice cream.

Yeah, its a weird one for LG season tickets.

1) People don't want unlimited junk food every match. It might sell better on a match by match basis. 

2) We don't know what the comparative cost is, as we don't have any match-day pricing revealed yet. So it could be a good deal or could be a terrible deal.  I think when we see the individual match prices, we are going to think the LG season ticket is great value comparatively.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Yeah, its a weird one for LG season tickets.

1) People don't want unlimited junk food every match. It might sell better on a match by match basis. 

2) We don't know what the comparative cost is, as we don't have any match-day pricing revealed yet. So it could be a good deal or could be a terrible deal.  I think when we see the individual match prices, we are going to think the LG season ticket is great value comparatively.

It's gonna be well over £150 per match, probably nearer £180... for food and drink included.. I would have to drink and eat and awful lot to feel any value and I don't do either of those things currently... 

I'm just waiting for the GA prices to be announced so I can work out what i need to drop to afford two tickets each game.

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

That was quick, they will probably still have match by match offerings depending on the match

To be fair, I've now seen someone else say that it doesn't all look sold out online - maybe that was the lower grounds.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

4 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

To be fair, I've now seen someone else say that it doesn't all look sold out online - maybe that was the lower grounds.

I think they meant the new proper corporate offerings have mostly sold out.

Cells is no longer selectable on the GA+ season ticket

TV and LG have loads left

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

'Insurmountable challenges'? Haven't seen that said before of the (current) North stand. 

Hmm. I wonder how those would be overcome then? 

Couple layers of paint?

• Haha 2

I am still in denial that the North Stand is here to stay for a very long time when it should be demolished by now, or if they have kept to the original timeframe would be halfway completed. But there you go.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am still in denial that the North Stand is here to stay for a very long time when it should be demolished by now, or if they have kept to the original timeframe would be halfway completed. But there you go.

The club says it faces 'insurmountable challenges' improving the 50 year old stand.

This is just a hunch but perhaps that is why we had plans drawn up for a new build that could fulfil the wet dreams of anybody looking for ways to increase revenue!

But mustn't grumble of course, being a mere fan and all that.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Nothing is insurmountable, I guess it is the cost/benefit analysis. Either that or further investigation of all of the underground cables in the north stand car park opened up a massive can of worms they don't want to talk about.

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nothing is insurmountable, I guess it is the cost/benefit analysis. Either that or further investigation of all of the underground cables in the north stand car park opened up a massive can of worms they don't want to talk about.

The argument people here keep making is we can't afford to be without the North Stand while it is rebuilt!

My counter argument is:

1. Fat lot of good that revenue is if we have to sell a player like Luiz regardless of keeping the stand open.

2. We are spending a fortune on tarting the existing stand up anyway. Probably as much ad we would be raising from the existing set up.

Honestly.  It's ridiculous and short term.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

Â