Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

11 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I'm surprised to see 3 new lounges in the Doug Ellis Stand. Where will the seats be for all of these.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 23.56.43.png

M1 and M2 (the blue bits)

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

People are acting like these are normal season ticket prices 

I guess there's a feeling that they're very expensive considering the actual seat isn't a hospitality seat. £2,700 is a lot of money to sit in the Upper Trinity.

As you say though, don't buy them if they're too expensive would be fair comment - although it is a market where these are the only way in. 

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 23.56.43.png

M1 and M2 (the blue bits)

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.

I am aware of those sections, but there doesn’t seem to be enough seats to justify three lounges, or maybe I don’t understand how these things work And how many people you get in a lounge.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

9 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.

I am aware of those sections, but there doesn’t seem to be enough seats to justify three lounges, or maybe I don’t understand how these things work And how many people you get in a lounge.

You're right I think - there are about 345 seats in that blue section - I have a feeling that some will also remain in the blue band area (where the boxes were last season) during the game.

• Like 1

I'm still concerned that there's enough people willing to pay these prices. Could be expensive white elephants. I managed to get Terrace View tickets after the rest of the stadium had sold out for a European semi final. I imagine we've got 3 times more of those seats to sell now including against the likes of Southampton and Brentford. 

This isn't London, Man Ure or Liverpool. 

If we're hanging round mid to lower table I can see a few people rattling around those lounges. 

• Like 3

“Tens of millions of pounds” is the closest Heck will go to putting a figure on the hospitality renovation across three stands excluding the Holte End. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/13/chris-heck-aston-villa-premier-league-champions-league/

I'm not sure i believe anything he says anymore. Is he really spending £20-50 million this summer on creating hospitality areas in the stadium??? I don't think so!!

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/13/chris-heck-aston-villa-premier-league-champions-league/

I'm not sure i believe anything he says anymore. Is he really spending £20-50 million this summer on creating hospitality areas in the stadium??? I don't think so!!

18 new hospitality areas and a bunch of other changes? £20m - £30m would mean they are doing a top quality job and sounds about right to me. 

Of course he's going to make the figure as grandiose as possible, its a press interview which is meant to sound ambitious after all. 

Your reaction seems a little OTT, albeit the main article is behind a paywall so I haven't read it. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

On 11/06/2024 at 07:05, sidcow said:

I'm still concerned that there's enough people willing to pay these prices. Could be expensive white elephants. I managed to get Terrace View tickets after the rest of the stadium had sold out for a European semi final. I imagine we've got 3 times more of those seats to sell now including against the likes of Southampton and Brentford. 

If we're hanging round mid to lower table I can see a few people rattling around those lounges. 

I think while we are doing well on the pitch then demand for tickets will outstrips supply and some people are perfectly willing and able to pay for these types of seats. Like all products and services, not everyone wants the cheapest option and having the money to pay for an enhanced experience doesn't make them any less of a fan.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don't know why that's such a crazy figure given all the work that's being done. £20m would be cheap if you ask me

Sigh. Basically, that interview confirms his entire remit- short-term gain for as much money as possible. Firstly it wouldn't have been a quarter of the stadium being out of action for 2 years, more like 15%. Secondly, infrastructure was never an issue in the approved planning application to the council.  And now we are committing to spending millions of pounds in an outdated facility which perhaps could be finally demolished in about 10 years, by which time Heck will be long gone. The whole north stand was costed at 100 mil- though that was probably too low but still that would have lasted the test of time. Surely all of this would have been costed when we started to think about this 3 years ago?

On 10/06/2024 at 23:05, sidcow said:

Well yeah - we closed the top level of the Trinity Road stand in The Championship.   The idea is to keep winning.  Spurs hospitality would not sell either if they were consistently poor over several seasons. 

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know why that's such a crazy figure given all the work that's being done. £20m would be cheap if you ask me

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

18 new hospitality areas and a bunch of other changes? £20m - £30m would mean they are doing a top quality job and sounds about right to me. 

Well £20m would be pushing the definition of what he said. He's made it sound like £50m. 

So £100m for a whole new stand with amazing corporate areas, or £20-50 million for refurbing some hospitality.

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

£20m is a school or leisure centre, it is a good chunk of change 

But it's impossible to judge for 2 main reasons, firstly it's a refurb so we'll never know how much of that cost is simply because when you strip out the existing soft finishes it turns out that there's some very ropey stuff back there (which lets face it there almost definitely will be) and because in theory these are corporate areas so the quality of finishing should be high, if they've specified light fittings that are £10k each of course you'll burn through some serious money 

Can anyone do the maths to work out how long it would take to pay back the outlay for the hospitality areas? If it’s £20m for about 4,000 seats, I can’t see it being highly different to the North Stand?

4 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Can anyone do the maths to work out how long it would take to pay back the outlay for the hospitality areas? If it’s £20m for about 4,000 seats, I can’t see it being highly different to the North Stand?

The thing is, the £100m being quoted for that north stand redevelopment would be closer to £200m once all done. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The thing is, the £100m being quoted for that north stand redevelopment would be closer to £200m once all done. 

It would also not start earning money for 2 years and wouldn't prevent earning a reasonable amount of money for those two years. 

If we are as close to the wire on PSR as reported, we may not have had much choice. Would also explain why he didn't just say that at the time (to protect our player sell options).

The cost of the Cells though...is madness. Paying over £1.5k to sit in terrible area of the north stand with horrific view, be abused all game by the away fans, and get a service that should be available to all in the concourse anyway (self serve/working toilets...) rather than be an offering reserved for a premium is not my idea of sanity. If they sell them i'm convinced he could sell ice to an eskimo. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

It's like when "free" tech services go premium. Oh you want to get a beer or food at ht, that's gonna cost extra. You want toilets that flush, gonna cost you extra. Working wifi, gonna cost you extra. 

You can of course still watch the entertainment for the usual fee (somewhat increased) but any service beyond that you need a premium pass. 

• Like 1

Regardless of what we can or can't to do for FFP I find it utter madness that we are spending millions on a near fifty year old stand having said for about two years it was going to be demolished.

I would like to like know how much the club spend in fees on agents and architects on the original north stand application which is now gathering dust.

• Like 2

Â