Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

5 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Perhaps they can find a role for Yorke and Cascarino?

On the subject at hand, I am looking forward to seeing the LEDs within the stadium.

I heard Unsworth is being picked to launch the new Hospitality areas.  Says that there's a special room for the wife and kids to play in at the back of the new area so you don't have to leave them at home.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Think it looks fine. Just needs our crest on it

Same. 

It's not exactly a stunning looking building, but it's just the club shop. It looks a lot cleaner and more modern than what is there now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Think it looks fine. Just needs our crest on it

Or all of our crests.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Indeed. What was the point? It didn't mention the seating changes and of course we still haven't had it adequately addressed why this redevelopment is no longer the next logical step for the future of the club? 

Screenshot_20240605_004705_Google.jpg

It’s is very much like Bullseye … 

IMG_0139.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Same. 

It's not exactly a stunning looking building, but it's just the club shop. It looks a lot cleaner and more modern than what is there now.

My thoughts exactly stevo.

Certainly looks more modern

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Next up, Fabian Delph talks to us about his love of Terrace View memberships. 

And tonight on Aston Villa: The Glory years... Salifou and Dider Agathe express their pride in the new badge... and reflect on their European escapades with the gaffer... In an episode called: " ALMOST 4th? No problem MON "

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And tonight on Aston Villa: The Glory years... Salifou and Dider Agathe express their pride in the new badge... and reflect on their European escapades with the gaffer... In an episode called: " ALMOST 4th? No problem MON "

Paul Tait follows that by explaining the history that Aston Villa has been the dominant and best team in the city of Birmingham for the last 150 years.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Perhaps they can find a role for Yorke and Cascarino?

On the subject at hand, I am looking forward to seeing the LEDs within the stadium.

Nah, Yorke has put his hat in the ring for the Man U job. And no i'm not joking. 

33 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Just remember guys it could always be worse…

Are they serving hog roast baps in that tent throughout the summer? Jeez 😬

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Next up, Fabian Delph talks to us about his love of Terrace View memberships. 

Delph will then talk further about his dislike of Terrace view memberships.

Then his rediscovered love for them. "These are my memberships!" He declares.

Before leaving and vowing never to use Terrace view ever again!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This is all so incredibly underwhelming after all of the promise and mock-ups of the future vision of Villa Park we get a cheap and tacky bolt-on for a few years to maximise revenue as much as possible.

I can't believe they are faffing about with the north stand and putting GA facilities in the lower north next to the away fans. This is literally the worst part of the stadium. This is entirely a short term option for a maximum of 5 years before it will be obselte and we will have to look again at increasing capacity and starting all over again.

So at best we are getting a 200 seat odd uplift this summer. I will be amazed if we add another 2000 next summer, which makes the 2.5 k uplift mentioned by Heck as yet another load of nonsense.  Just be straight with us Chris.

This is so Villa in getting the planning permission with two billionaire owners and for us to be ready to go- only for nothing to happen.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 05/06/2024 at 12:34, villan-scott said:

Just remember guys it could always be worse…

It actually IS worse.  The temp BCFC store is open isn't it.  Villa have nothing.

to be clear- this was sarcasm

Edited by ejs1111
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

It actually IS worse.  The temp BCFC store is open isn't it.  Villa have nothing.

Cannot work out if you’re being serious or not … we have an online shop and champions league football to look forwards to - they have a tent and league one … Was your big summer plan to go to the shop ? Do you think we seriously should’ve followed their lead with a tent 🤷🏻

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Cannot work out if you’re being serious or not … we have an online shop and champions league football to look forwards to - they have a tent and league one … Was your big summer plan to go to the shop ? Do you thing we seriously should’ve followed their lead with a tent 🤷🏻

I was being sarcastic.  I'm in the states- I buy everything online!  haha

I just bought my tickets for the Columbus Ohio match.  Very excited for the road trip to watch Villa play next month!

Edited by ejs1111
  • Like 3

I wonder if with all the work that's going on and the tight schedules in terms of getting things open for the new season, whether we'll see our first couple of games being away from home.

There's an awful lot of work going on.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if with all the work that's going on and the tight schedules in terms of getting things open for the new season, whether we'll see our first couple of games being away from home.

There's an awful lot of work going on.

Still plenty of time with 73 days left until the season kicks off … 

Â