Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Not a whole lot different from the proposed Villa Live and it’s what’s inside that matters surely rather than the exterior. The led screen will be what gets the attention and they know that so why spend money on the facade which won’t get the attention. Or is some of the bad vibes down to its heck’s doing I wonder 🤔

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not a whole lot different from the proposed Villa Live and it’s what’s inside that matters surely rather than the exterior. The led screen will be what gets the attention and they know that so why spend money on the facade which won’t get the attention. Or is some of the bad vibes down to its heck’s doing I wonder 🤔

Don't think so, it's just that it was the thing we probably were in least urgent need of replacing? The original Villa Live would have been a massive area generating income. I guess the warehouse will be the replacement for that of course. And the new club shop will be a bigger area, even though I guess we sell a huge proportion online?

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surely they are knocking down internal walls to open up the old ticket office into the shop area?

They submitted the planning application for the interior and changes around a month ago - they're in this thread somewhere.

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

That is, by any standard of architectural aesthetic, an ugly looking building.

It may be practical and it'll certainly be a better use of the space than it is at the moment, but it's an eyesore, a carbuncle - without the sign, I don't think anyone who didn't know would pick it out as a shop, it looks like a custody suite. To deny that because you see any criticism as being aimed at Heck instead of the building is a little bit paranoid don't you think?

I'd suggest that the cheap look of this suggests it might not be around for a long time - this is the sort of thing you do with a building you're going to knock down before too long.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not the grand edifice he portrayed in the interview with Gabby - is it?

Indeed. What was the point? It didn't mention the seating changes and of course we still haven't had it adequately addressed why this redevelopment is no longer the next logical step for the future of the club? 

Screenshot_20240605_004705_Google.jpg

Edited by Captain_Townsend

25 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not the grand edifice he portrayed in the interview with Gabby - is it?

So funny they picked Gabby to do it.

If they couldn't show any clearer they aren't in touch with the vast vast majority of villa fans.

Got Alpay lined up for the next one I reckon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Looks like the LED could be one of them 3d ones potentially.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

So funny they picked Gabby to do it.

If they couldn't show any clearer they aren't in touch with the vast vast majority of villa fans.

Got Alpay lined up for the next one I reckon.

And Hodge to launch the new seating

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, picicata said:

And Hodge to launch the new seating

Perhaps they can find a role for Yorke and Cascarino?

On the subject at hand, I am looking forward to seeing the LEDs within the stadium.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Is that outline implying we own Nelson Road and all the other roads in that triangle?

I think it's just listing the roads, it also shows Witton Lane Station and the outline of where we are doing the works. 

I'm unsure however of what land we do own around Villa Park

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Not a whole lot different from the proposed Villa Live

Yep like instead of getting a Ferrari, we get 2nd hand 1990’s 1.2L Vauxhall Astra….they both get you from A to B so not a whole lot different.  Lipstick on a pig by Heck.

• Like 1

Â