Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

The main thing I can see when I've googled previous Villa Park seating plans is that all of the aisles have been straightened in the Lower Holte, so I presume this is where all of the extra seats within the 'stadium bowl' have come from.

Took me a while to figure it out reading the planning documents but the big image on the front of the building is a LED screen not just a covering. I like that.

• Like 1

Not exactly a looker is it?

But, from a practical standpoint, it'll mean more retail floorspace, it'll bring the building back to life and it'll give the club more space if they want to shuffle offices and things around.

As a shop, it's strangely lacking in the sort of big windowed areas that let you see inside - if it didn't have "Club store" written on the side of it, what would you think it was?

Hopefully they're saving the pretty for the warehouse.

Interesting to note that the pace of this has been so fierce that the club had to submit the plans for the practical bit (the inside and the workings of the shop) first and separately in order to try to get them passed in time for the store to be open by the start of the season - this isn't the fruition of a long term plan; this is something immediate and hurried.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Looks exactly the same...and in the same place.

Half an extra floor and a big LED?

There isn't an extra floor, the building is already that shape. The changes here are external only - this planning enquiry is purely about the 'skin' of the building.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Imagine huge glass panels instead of that dark grey cladding. Would look 1000 times better 

Smearing cow pat on the walls would look better than sticking our new badge on it as well.

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There isn't an extra floor, the building is already that shape. The changes here are external only - this planning enquiry is purely about the 'skin' of the building.

Surely they are knocking down internal walls to open up the old ticket office into the shop area?

Posted (edited)

Anyone know if that office block was originally built by the club or was it on land the club eventually purchased? 

Edited by sidcow

6 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c0d9047964602ab2a8bd770a001bcca1.jpeg

Seems like the club is working on a masterplan for that area.

Is that outline implying we own Nelson Road and all the other roads in that triangle?

We do flip flop a lot don’t we.  It’s not 5 years since we applied to knock these buildings down because they are “not aesthetically pleasing.”  As if a bit of dark metal cladding will fix that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

We do flip flop a lot don’t we.  It’s not 5 years since we applied to knock these buildings down because they are “not aesthetically pleasing.”  As if a bit of dark metal cladding will fix that.

It's all a considerable downgrade on those renders released in December 2022. Yeah, I know they might resurrect that in a few years time,  but it was exciting to think that would be Villa Park in 2026 whereas what we're getting is all rather cheap and cheerful. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â