Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

22 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I was at the new coop Arena venue last night, did not realise it was right next to the "empty had".

I have never been to the "empty had" before, but it does look impressive yet rather soulless to be honest. Expansion to one of their stands is already well in progress. 

It is very clear that the owners have spent a lot on the stadium, and there is a lot they have got right it pains me to say. However it was much easier for them to build a new stadium on a derelict brownfield site...

One very good idea is what appears to be a safe well lit walk to get to the ground from the main railway station (Picadilly) and the metro/tram system.

Whatever happens to VP I think it needs to retain its "traditional" look to be honest, but we need to look at what other clubs have done. Improvements to transport links for pedestrians and public transportation systems have to be high priority. Traffic is mad after a game at VP.

As much as anything a proper transport system to the city centre is desperately needed for VP. I don’t personally see why we can’t get the tram line extended given they have gone out the other way to edgbaston and originally to Wolverhampton. Also huge improvements to the witton and Aston stations would help along with maybe some dedicated match day train services.without that expanding capacity would actually be a bit of a nightmare with an extra 8-10000 people going to games by car 

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

As much as anything a proper transport system to the city centre is desperately needed for VP. I don’t personally see why we can’t get the tram line extended given they have gone out the other way to edgbaston and originally to Wolverhampton. Also huge improvements to the witton and Aston stations would help along with maybe some dedicated match day train services.without that expanding capacity would actually be a bit of a nightmare with an extra 8-10000 people going to games by car 

Even some (albeit likely significant) investment in buses or trains, in conjunction with the relevant authorities could help in the short term before the long term tram plan could be implemented. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

More than that, I’ve just had an email re ST in upper holte and I’m designated standing and I think I’m only row 19

You're probably correct,  I was only guessing based on pics of seats missing

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

More than that, I’ve just had an email re ST in upper holte and I’m designated standing and I think I’m only row 19

If that's the case, presumably it's all the seats behind the vomitories.

• Like 1

From the FAB notes:

Holte Lower – rail seating above vomitories and seating / gangway re-alignment.

Holte Upper – rail seating above vomitories.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Back 10 or so rows of upper and lower holte I think... I'm hoping to be able to get lower holte one for matches

More than 10. All rows behind the vomitories 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShaldonAVFC said:

From the OS additional seats in the stadium bowl to increase capacity for supporters

anyone know where the additional seats are going yet ?

I think the answer is 'all over the place'. If people are looking for a new block of 500 seats they'll probably be disappointed. This summer, capacity will go up by about 250 and those seats are spread around the Holte End and North Stand, they're mostly going to be in places where the aisle has been removed and replaced with seating, or where an entrance is removed and replaced with seating, They're in finding ways to get more seats into the existing spaces. I think it will be largely the same story next summer, with perhaps more of the change being in the existing hospitality areas than in the 'outdoor' seating itself.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, andycv said:

The club have released an updated stadium seating map with the season ticket renewal information, which shows the new hospitality zones:

Villa Park seating.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/june/03/Season-Tickets-2024-25/

I think the main changes are B4 in the Trinity, M1 & 2 in the Doug Ellis and T5, R1 and R2 and R7 in the North Stand?

Do they not class terrace view seats as hospitality or is that going next season?

Edit: to answer my own dumb question... its not hospitality. Its GA+... didnt show on last years seating plan either.

Edited by MrBlack

The rollercoaster of being a Villa fan, even when the team are not playing! 😀

I went from being pleased that the cost had only risen by 5 %, to being pissed off by realising this translates to 12% if you take the "interest free" option. I wonder who pockets all of the arrangement fee?

💰💰

My seat number has changed by 2 which suggests they've squeezed in 2 extra rows of seats to my right which makes sense as there are 2 aisles between me and the right end of the Holte. They've probably squeezed an extra seat into each aisle

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My seat number has changed by 2 which suggests they've squeezed in 2 extra rows of seats to my right which makes sense as there are 2 aisles between me and the right end of the Holte. They've probably squeezed an extra seat into each aisle

Either that or you are sharing your seat with 2 other fans 😛

On 31/05/2024 at 04:14, sidcow said:

If we want to compete with the big 6 (which we do) then parts of our stadium are old and small (for a big 6 stadium) 

Completely agree. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I had a nightmare the north stand d seats were not replaced with new ones. The old ones were put back on.

Wouldn't shock me!

At this stage, I wouldn't be shocked If it went back to the pre-1977 bank of earth!

Joke!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

How will people get to their seats if all these aisles are disappearing?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â