Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Looks naff IMHO

It looks awesome if you watch it on TV pre game.

I can see famous Villa goals and cup lifting being played while teams line up, some intimidating music, claret & blue LEDs, it could be made really cool.

Now it's just a black corridor. 

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It'll be fine. Chris Heck is going to have them shot. They're only poor people anyway. 

I heard a rumour, gasp, that one of the season ticket holders brought his own packed lunch.

That season ticket holder should be shot for eating lunch at 6pm!

On 27/08/2024 at 14:56, OutByEaster? said:

Mr Heck knows the attendance and that should be good enough for you young man.

(At the moment on the Premier League website, ourselves, Man City and Liverpool are yet to publish a figure).

*Liverpool have now declared their attendance.

51 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I guess this is the real reason the North Stand got canned - to maximise the ticket sales while we can with a full stadium. Which I guess we already knew, but when you see they’re charging that much for a NS ticket makes it hit home. 

Taking this from the CL thread... its an interesting angle and one I've hoped is the case for a while now. And may mean a new North Stand isn't miles away from happening (maybe once Euro 2028 is out the way).

I've no idea whether the following conclusions are even remotely accurate as the PL Handbook that sets out its rules is, to put it bluntly, f@#%ing useless.  (It will tell a club how many seats it needs to leave spare, for the broadcast companies associate partners' preferred sponsor's entourage, but not what a club can include in its "add backs" for the purposes of calculating its PSR position. Incidentally, the terrible and very poorly written PSR regulations section is exactly why Leicester haven't been punished for breaching it)

Anyway, on to business...

If they'd knocked the North stand down two years ago, the lost income was negligible, and any potential allowance (or add back to our lost revenue) that we might have been able to include in our PSR calculation would have accordingly been tiny. We could maybe claim a lost £1.5m for the season? As this lost revenue is a result of spending on infrastructure that is aimed at improving the sustainability of a club, it's reasonable to assume a one or two year short term loss would be acceptable to recognise as an add back in our PSR calcs.

Fast forward to Heck's GA+ wet dream and the revenue we'll make from the north stand alone this season probably equates to roughly what we made in all the stands 2 years ago. There are, I believe, 3 new hospitality offerings in the north stand, and prices in the stand have rocketed more than any other area.

If (or hopefully when) we knock it down now,  the lost income is much more significant, but we can hopefully add that back into our PSR calculation.

PSR being dead from the end of this season,  and SCR coming in, shouldn't I'd really change that. I'd guess the same add backs apply to your revenue and we'd still be able to do that.

If anyone can find the actual regulations on what SCR will look like please point me to them, as I looked but seems they've not been published yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If anyone can find the actual regulations on what SCR will look like please point me to them, as I looked but seems they've not been published yet.

UEFA are waiting to find out what Barcelona, Man Utd, Liverpool would like the SCR rules to say. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I should add to my post above that this may also mean it's a short term pain for the fans to bear the burnt of. In a hyptothetical future, once it's upgraded and commercial revenues from sponsorship are taking care of themselves, they may be able to relieve some of the pricing pressures on certain fans, ST holders, concessions, etc.

It's a wildly optimistic hope, naive possibly, but I do still have a firm belief that our owners aren't consciously trying to screw fans over, they're just in a position that they kind of have to at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think calling it a fanzone is a touch optimistic. A rammed portakabin charging £6 for a fizzy pint seems more adapt. But hey each to their own.

Yep, It's basically a bar outside the ground to squeeze more money before people get into the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get the independent burger vans removed or pushed further from the ground at some point.

19 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Yep, It's basically a bar outside the ground to squeeze more money before people get into the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get the independent burger vans removed or pushed further from the ground at some point.

You joke but, I thought this was replacing the area by the entrance to the Trinity Road Stand, with those units either moving into here or going away?

• Like 1

On 28/08/2024 at 09:48, MrBlack said:

Considering how much noise he's made about the LEDs everywhere, that would have been a great place to use them.

Do we know if any of the LED lights will be ready for the Everton game?

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You joke but, I thought this was replacing the area by the entrance to the Trinity Road Stand, with those units either moving into here or going away?

No it's really not a joke. I think the club will be thinking they can take all the business from the burger vans around the ground. I think the greed doesn't have any bounds tbh and I don't they would blink if they could get rid of all the food options around the roads leading to the ground on matchdays. Fortunately, they don't have any authority on the land around the ground. 

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm frankly more interested in the bogs draining properly. 

• Like 1

On 07/09/2024 at 13:57, OutByEaster? said:

So funny, should already have been all led for like 10 years and it's really not rocket surgery to put them in. Cost is minimal.and savings massive, the fact it's being mentioned instead of expanding the stadium is a farce.

16 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So funny, should already have been all led for like 10 years and it's really not rocket surgery to put them in. Cost is minimal.and savings massive, the fact it's being mentioned instead of expanding the stadium is a farce.

Think it’s LED banners on the tiers ( not the Holte) and an upgrade to the current lighting system so we can do fancy synchronised light shows…   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Think it’s LED banners on the tiers ( not the Holte) and an upgrade to the current lighting system so we can do fancy synchronised light shows…   

Yep. I think that's the case,  the scaffolding on the North Stand sort of suggests that they're putting stuff along the blue borders.

Screenshot 2024-09-08 at 20.22.02.png

It also suggests that the idea they'd have completed all of the work a couple of weeks ago was somewhat far fetched.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

And people are moaning about ticket prices! Not only are they going to see a football game of the highest level, they are also going to get a light show! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â