Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

16 minutes ago, brommy said:

You could be correct. My comment was purely based on the CGI showing a player tunnel sized gap between the newly joined lower North and Trinity.

The Trinity Stand, which was rebuilt in 2001, will undergo enhancements to its existing structure including the relocation of the players’ tunnel to the corner of the pitch and a revamp of its current hospitality areas.

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.avfcservices.co.uk/6450db80-f650-11ec-928d-3b29163abbc6.pdf

I think your observations of the CGI were correct

• Like 1

I think the roof design is one of the more interesting points.  The massing of it appears to be kept to a minimum, and the corners are translucent. This along with not many of seats in in the upper  tier corners suggest that they have had to consider the visual impact to the nearby properties on Witton Lane and Nelson Road.  I also noticed that the roof appears to have a 'lip' which is again translucent and I presume is to offer more protection in the lower  tier.  The way the roof is clearly higher than the Doug Ellis, plus their previous comments suggests that a long term plan will be to add either another tier or more seats to the DE stand, along with a new roof. My only concern is some of the upper seats could have a restricted view with the existing DE roof until they re do it. Bit like what has happened at Molineux with their newish stand.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I like it, but I think they could add more to the brickwork.  A few neat details, maybe garnered from old photos. 

It just looks a bit bland for me, but I like it on the whole, but maybe some cornicing would give you the real feel of tradition, yet still being modern;

Old brick wall of red color with beautiful pattern. brick walls with  beautiful patterns and cornice. colored fresh paint. | CanStock

Ornate Red Brick Cornice Avonmore Road, Hammersmith, London W14 Stock Photo  - Alamy

Replacing a Cornice | RAND Engineering Architecture, DPC

etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I like it, but I think they could add more to the brickwork.  A few neat details, maybe garnered from old photos. 

It just looks a bit bland for me, but I like it on the whole, but maybe some cornicing would give you the real feel of tradition, yet still being modern;

Old brick wall of red color with beautiful pattern. brick walls with  beautiful patterns and cornice. colored fresh paint. | CanStock

Ornate Red Brick Cornice Avonmore Road, Hammersmith, London W14 Stock Photo  - Alamy

Replacing a Cornice | RAND Engineering Architecture, DPC

etc.

Yeah, and maybe changing that translucent roof to something made of thatch as well.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

If I'm honest, I find these design drawings entirely underwhelming. 

The interior stadium drawing makes the new stand look really bland. 

The exterior is certainly nicer looking than what's there now, but it looks like every other 2010s corporate-y building out there. It could be a furniture store or a bank. 

It's all a bit safe.

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If I'm honest, I find these design drawings entirely underwhelming. 

The interior stadium drawing makes the new stand look really bland. 

The exterior is certainly nicer looking than what's there now, but it looks like every other 2010s corporate-y building out there. It could be a furniture store or a bank. 

It's all a bit safe.

What would you like- a roller coaster?

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What would you like- a roller coaster?

Ice just seen a different drawing of the exterior that looks decent. 

I don't know, I just think the interior drawing makes the stand look sort of dull somehow. Didn't they originally say it would be a massive, one tier stand?

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I don't know, I just think the interior drawing makes the stand look sort of dull somehow. Didn't they originally say it would be a massive, one tier stand?

No. They never said that.

One of the priorities is to offer modern corporate facilities. Having one stand would not do that. Spurs and now Everton are doing this but they are in new stadiums with oodles of swanky corporate around the other stands.

Edited by The Fun Factory

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I totally disagree.

image.jpeg.06f6aac5c3d9a4a266415bec4eff5b43.jpeg

I love this picture.  Something about the shape reminds me of the top of the stands at Hillsborough which for reasons I can't explain I find strangely alluring.  Maybe because it remains a fine old proper Football Ground.

image.jpeg.71ed56143088546b48ee8460438f1469.jpeg

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I totally disagree.

image.jpeg.06f6aac5c3d9a4a266415bec4eff5b43.jpeg

I love this picture.  Something about the shape reminds me of the top of the stands at Hillsborough which for reasons I can't explain I find strangely alluring.  Maybe because it remains a fine old proper Football Ground.

image.jpeg.71ed56143088546b48ee8460438f1469.jpeg

Hillsborough North Stand is the only piece of football architecture within Pevsner's Buildings of England. It doesn't look like it is 60 years old.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm not sure what else they could really do, I think we all wanted/expected a mahoosive standalone stand with nice brickwork and decent facilities.  I actually think having the top corners of the stand cut away like the Holte and Trinity is a nice touch I hadn't thought about.  I've always thought the corner of the Holte End looked a bit awkward but now fits in with the other stands having the same thing.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I love it.

I love the way they've solved the problems of light for nearby residents with the roof design, I love that it's brick and somehow "Villa", I love the scale of it, I love the way they're trying to use as much natural light as possible in the concourses, I love the thought that's gone into the use of the space behind the stand and in the public realm as Villa Park begins to spill out onto Witton Lane, I love the way they're looking to join up the two developments to extend Villa Park down Station Road and through to the new academy site. I think it's a really exciting bit of development for the club that carries and develops the wonderful history of Villa Park into a future that's on a very solid footing.

I share the concerns on delays and costs and I hope that the logistics fall into place easily and simply; it'll be difficult in the economic ruins left to us by this government to get this done, but it's an opportunity I really want to see us take.

Come off the fence @OutByEaster?.  What do you really think?

• Haha 2

Just on the dependancy on Witton Train Station development, we've got a more than decent chance of being awarded the Euros. 

If we do there is going to be a fair amount of Government money AND will to invest in infrastructure. 

Coupled with an Aston Development master plan I don't think there will be any issues getting the station developed in time. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â