Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

I love it can finally go back and sit in the Holte, it really is horrible seeing the north stand as it is. Looking at the Holte full though still sends a chill down my spine but now the view from the Holte will be magnificent too. 

also the brookvale academy looks swanky too.

It looks incredible. It’s unfortunate these guys weren’t around when the Trinity was was destroyed. 

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Shame the club can't get hold of the Aston Hotel as well. That would be a nice way to bookmark the stadium, starting with the Holte Hotel at the other end. What is it used for nowadays?

Its a hostel I believe

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Very much of a separate stand design in keeping with the traditional  look of the ground. I am sure in previous designs gone back they may have been more of a rap-around.  I thought it might have been 3 tiers for the corporate but perhaps that is in the internal part of the stand. Like the brick finish and the plans to have a clear and safe pedestrian walkway to Witton Station is a great idea. Seems to be influenced by the new Liverpool Stand, is it the same architects.  Makes the Holte look a bit small now though.

If you look at the inside of the ground the corporate boxes line up with the Witton and Trinity corporate boxes.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Exactly.

I said this a few weeks ago, it's a **** terrible name, it gives you absolutely no idea wtf it is. Without context I thought we'd renamed Villa TV or something. 

All looks very impressive, so moaning about the name is a bit nitpicky, but they should really change it before we're stuck with it.

Yeah i do agree with your points there  although i like the name villa live it doesnt actually tell you what it is.

Thats something they going to have to work on for sure

As expected Villa are working in conjunction with Birmingham City Council on a masterplan for the redevelopment of Aston. 

They've confirmed they are looking at further expansion after this with a figure "in excess of 52,500" being aimed at.  I would guess an extra tier or at least some redevelopment of the Witton Lane stand then. 

Amusing the number of open air bar and seating shown on some of the photos next to Villa Live.  I'm sure there will be people queuing up for them in February 🥶🥶❄️

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As expected Villa are working in conjunction with Birmingham City Council on a masterplan for the redevelopment of Aston. 

They've confirmed they are looking at further expansion after this with a figure "in excess of 52,500" being aimed at.  I would guess an extra tier or at least some redevelopment of the Witton Lane stand then. 

Amusing the number of open air bar and seating shown on some of the photos next to Villa Live.  I'm sure there will be people queuing up for them in February 🥶🥶❄️

German Market????????? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

We owe everything to NSWE. What exciting plans. 

Shame they decided to get bored and stop investing, isn’t it? 🤣

These plans look amazing, we’ve got so much to be grateful for. Thanks Nas and Wes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

German Market????????? 

One of the very very many reasons I never go to the German Market is to avoid drinking beer in the freezing cold.   Only someone clinically insane would find that an enjoyable experience.

Old historic looking trees always give a place an old worldy almost stately feel, with them you know you're in company of something that goes back years, way before you were born and is always there and always will be until thunder or some other tragedy strikes it down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's almost been worth waiting 20 years to get a good design, as I am sure had this originally happened under Doug it would have been done in a cheap and cheerful way.

Villa Live would strongly resemble a Council leisure Centre I would say.

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â