Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Euro 2028 countdown starts tomorrow … Will focus the minds of all involved in terms of timetables of works. 

Possibly though we have had chances to host football matches in the 2012 Olympics and the rugby sevens at the 2022 Commonwealth Games and rejected both of them.

I wonder, with the Euros now confirmed, could that change the already made plans?

Surely there would be funding that goes towards stadium developments, maybe ownership might wish to use that.

Unless we build the new North Stand as planned, and make future plans accelerate before 2028?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder, with the Euros now confirmed, could that change the already made plans?

Surely there would be funding that goes towards stadium developments, maybe ownership might wish to use that.

Unless we build the new North Stand as planned, and make future plans accelerate before 2028?

I would HOPE that we did the North Stand as already planned for but then used Euro 28 money to re-do the Witton Lane Stand to get us to 60,000 odd.

I'm pretty sure for Euro 96 a lot of money was made available to clubs to increase stadium capacity.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

60k+ by 2028. Sounds like a plan. The most impressive thing for me though, would be a tannoy system that works on the Holte. How anyone ever worked out who’s car had the lights left on I’ll never know. Some of the missing kids were lucky to be reunited with their dad before their 21st birthday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm pretty sure for Euro 96 a lot of money was made available to clubs to increase stadium capacity.

this will be interesting because in theory the UK has enough stadiums that would tick enough boxes and could be used tomorrow so why should the FAs fund improvements to VP? or more likely OT?

the clubs who want to participate should be out on their own - but then how do those clubs benefit from the tournament? id be surprised if the FA and UEFA dont have all the money wrapped up for themselves, even the food and drink will be changed from our partners to UEFAs, i honestly dont know, we'd obviously have the prestige but i cant imagine the financial benefits being that attractive

maybe a contribution to improving infrastructure around the grounds, any works to the train station for example that the council wanted a contribution towards that could come from the organisers rather than the club

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I would HOPE that we did the North Stand as already planned for but then used Euro 28 money to re-do the Witton Lane Stand to get us to 60,000 odd.

I think that was previous money after the Taylor report which recommended all seater stadia. We got some for the Holte End rebuild.

Given the current economic climate I don't think it will be a great look for the government to give public money to multimillionaires in order to improve their grounds.

• Like 1

Absolutely. If we can afford to spend £60m on a player, the idea of the government subsidising our infrastructure (or any other PL football club) is absolutely obscene.

It's happened before, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again, but throwing money at private companies to improve an asset that they'll go on to make more profit on while doing almost nothing to deal with ramping up costs of living for ordinary people? Well, it'd be a very tory thing to do. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

60k+ by 2028. Sounds like a plan. The most impressive thing for me though, would be a tannoy system that works on the Holte. How anyone ever worked out who’s car had the lights left on I’ll never know. Some of the missing kids were lucky to be reunited with their dad before their 21st birthday. 

Could you please take half of the speakers from the Doug Ellis? When they updated it a couple of years back they accidentally installed three times too many watts.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think that was previous money after the Taylor report which recommended all seater stadia. We got some for the Holte End rebuild.

Given the current economic climate I don't think it will be a great look for the government to give public money to multimillionaires in order to improve their grounds.

Agree but I’m sure they’ll work out an exception for OT and Anfield

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Absolutely. If we can afford to spend £60m on a player, the idea of the government subsidising our infrastructure (or any other PL football club) is absolutely obscene.

It's happened before, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again, but throwing money at private companies to improve an asset that they'll go on to make more profit on while doing almost nothing to deal with ramping up costs of living for ordinary people? Well, it'd be a very tory thing to do. 

It is. But it always happens during sporting events.

Let's say the government granted us money to improve infrastructure around Aston and we'd invest in improved housing for Holte Rd which would allow us to expand Witton Lane Stand. 

I don't like the idea, but it happens all the time. Should we receive money that will improve the local infrastructure and housing, improve the area for the local community and benefit expansion of VP it's a conversation to be had. 

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It won't take longer than 12 months so could start work summer 2025 and it would be comfortably ready, May 2024 feels logical to me.

Formula GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we'll see plans in the next two to three weeks.

They will leak but I'd be surprised if the club announced them due to any changes that planning insisted on - not that the experienced architect designing the works would require an overhaul anyway but I think the fanfare and proper launch would come late in to the planning process and not the start 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They will leak but I'd be surprised if the club announced them due to any changes that planning insisted on - not that the experienced architect designing the works would require an overhaul anyway but I think the fanfare and proper launch would come late in to the planning process and not the start 

I think we'll see renders and models at the outset. I'm hopeful that will be the case anyway - the plans will be in the public domain as soon as they're submitted for planning anyway.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â