Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I keep reading it and can’t work out whether they mean the first phase of rebuilding the North Stand will increase capacity to 50k or whether the rebuild of the North Stand is the first phase and they have plans to redevelop other stands. 

Hoping they completely start from scratch at that end of the ground and keep going if we keep improving on the pitch all the way up to 60k if warranted. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I keep reading it and can’t work out whether they mean the first phase of rebuilding the North Stand will increase capacity to 50k or whether the rebuild of the North Stand is the first phase and they have plans to redevelop other stands. 

On the OS article It says more than 50k capacity at the completion of the first phase. So I think that will be just the North Stand completion. It will be good to see some proper plans, and see how the ground will take shape in the upcoming years. Exciting times ahead!

Edited by NeilS
typo
  • Like 2

Loving the fact that we’re looking to update and extend Villa Park at a time when our poor neighbours can’t even afford basic repairs to their hovel. 

But at least they can drink in town.

Mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well, this is exciting.

I think we can all agree that knocking down and rebuilding the North stand can only be a good thing and I can’t wait to see what the designs look like! 

Knocking it down would be a good thing, rebuilding it is a bonus :)

• Haha 1

What a great piece of news. So excited to see the plans. Encouraging financial report as well. The Vegas deal looks all but complete. I  can't believe this is  actually happening!

1 hour ago, sne said:

Anything on transportation?

You would imagine they have discussed this with the transport authorities and a plan has been put in place. Surely they cant extend another 10k fans with the existing transport system in place

• Like 3

Shame they couldn’t have started this when we was playing with no fans for that season, as now it’s going to cause havoc with everyone moving to another stand whilst it’s being built as with 30k season tickets will they make that less whilst it’s being built as otherwise there will be no general sale tickets if we keep the 30k season tickets 

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Shame they couldn’t have started this when we was playing with no fans for that season, as now it’s going to cause havoc with everyone moving to another stand whilst it’s being built as with 30k season tickets will they make that less whilst it’s being built as otherwise there will be no general sale tickets if we keep the 30k season tickets 

It remains to be seen how the work will be done.  A lot of building might take place behind the current stand before the old one is demolished.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Small sacrifice for a long term benefit i think

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Small sacrifice for a long term benefit i think

True but you know people will moan, but still should have done it when we had chance with no fans

Edited by rbcuk

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

We weren't quite as secure then. But yeah, they could have gotten most of it completed.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think what's really exciting about this is that people underestimate just how big the new North Stand will have to be for us to hit 50,000. That's 8,000 more seats - the current stand only holds around 7,400 - it'll be more than double the size of the current one.

To get us to 50,000 the North Stand will need to have seats for around 15,500 people - that'll mean it''ll be 2,000 seats bigger than the Holte End.

The current North Stand has less seats than the Lower Holte - the new one will be the biggest stand in the ground.

It will turn VP into a **** cauldron.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think what's really exciting about this is that people underestimate just how big the new North Stand will have to be for us to hit 50,000. That's 8,000 more seats - the current stand only holds around 7,400 - it'll be more than double the size of the current one.

To get us to 50,000 the North Stand will need to have seats for around 15,500 people - that'll mean it''ll be 2,000 seats bigger than the Holte End.

The current North Stand has less seats than the Lower Holte - the new one will be the biggest stand in the ground.

Surely they would never have a bigger end behind the goal than the Holte, this would go against the DNA of the club and stadium?

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Surely they would never have a bigger end behind the goal than the Holte, this would go against the DNA of the club and stadium?

To get to 50,000 they'll have to - it'll be immense!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â