Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I think Tony been fined on a regular basis for post match comments are a very high possibility. Imagine a few decisions go against us such as at the turn of the year last season when we could have had a few pens e.g. at West Brom and I think also at West Ham. He'll just call the ref out there and then similar to Holloway. Although he might be saved from the fines because of his broken English.

I can't wait for it.

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

He's proven nothing yet, certainly not enough to be praised like a god. And his tantrums are pathetic.

That's fine, nobody has to like him. But do you think the club is in a better position than it was 6 weeks ago?

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's fine, nobody has to like him. But do you think the club is in a better position than it was 6 weeks ago?

How do we know? Last season we were in a better place under Sherwood, apparently. That ended up well. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DK82 said:

He's proven nothing yet, certainly not enough to be praised like a god. And his tantrums are pathetic.

Haha. Praised like a god is a bit much. What were you expecting in his first couple of months? What's he not done that you think he should? 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

yes agree judge judy bailiff petri hawkins byrd

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

How do we know? Last season we were in a better place under Sherwood, apparently. That ended up well. 

Well I got burned asking a certain other poster to look at the facts and make their judgement so I'll knock it on the head early this time. Each to their miserable own. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DK82 said:
50 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How do we know? Last season we were in a better place under Sherwood, apparently. That ended up well

Den we don’t know do we mate. We have just been through half a dozen years of decline bottoming out to being a farce both on and off the pitch. If Xia gives us nothing else at the moment he offers up a little bit of hope something I think you’d agree we didn’t have under Lerner.

None of us know how things will pan out under him. It could well be that some of what he says could turn out to to be all fart and no shit or he could deliver on every word. At present I think he is doing OK and I think the general consensus amongst supporters is one of cautious optimism with a few extremes either way.

As for his tweeting I am sure that will die off pretty quickly as it is a novelty at the moment and a couple of poor results and he will realise it is not worth the shit that will inevitably come his way.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

He could turn out to be just like Lerner. But until the evidence points to that surely he deserves a bit of faith in him. Especially as everything he's done so far is living up to his word and trying to make this club better 

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I personally think the club is in a better position off the pitch, however on the pitch I don't think there will be much improvement yet. The starting XI is still very bad indeed, especially in defence with only Elphick who is half decent and the midfield is exceptionally poor even by championship standards. We have Tshibola who is an unknown quantity but the rest of the central midfielders are atrocious.

I must admit I'm unsure about Tony Xia. I'm also not sure that this season is going to go very well at all, I think that there is too much that needs changing in the first team and that we still have a lot more to do but not enough time to do it.

I think we will struggle badly this season and I'm not sure how patient the majority of Villa fans will be. I think potentially we may do well under Tony Xia with RDM at the helm but I think it will take much longer than most of the fans will be willing to give. I think we are a long long way from being any good right at this minute

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Den we don’t know do we mate. We have just been through half a dozen years of decline bottoming out to being a farce both on and off the pitch. If Xia gives us nothing else at the moment he offers up a little bit of hope something I think you’d agree we didn’t have under Lerner.

None of us know how things will pan out under him. It could well be that some of what he says could turn out to to be all fart and no shit or he could deliver on every word. At present I think he is doing OK and I think the general consensus amongst supporters is one of cautious optimism with a few extremes either way.

As for his tweeting I am sure that will die off pretty quickly as it is a novelty at the moment and a couple of poor results and he will realise it is not worth the shit that will inevitably come his way.

He's not doing himself any favours at all with the way he is behaving. I learned a lesson in 2010. I was 100% behind Lerner, felt he was perfect. But we all know what happened with him. Xia needs to stop shouting his mouth off - which is frankly embarrassing, because if and when things do go wrong he's going to get it from all angles. It's almost as if we have gone from the arrogant silence of one man, to the mumbled tantrums and ramblings of another. Why on earth can we not just have somebody who is on middle ground? 

Absolutely nothing has been proven either way, as for saying are we in a better position than we were 6 weeks ago. Well it's impossible to tell, either way. But for a man who promised world domination in 5 years, he had better be working on something pretty incredible.

I'm just not jumping on the Xia is wonderful bandwagon, oh and I hope he stops being such a fool on twitter. If this was a West Ham or Newcastle chairman, we'd be taking the piss.

Edited by DK82
  • Like 1

That the main negative that people can bring up about him is his tweets, is a good sign in my opinion. If owners of other clubs were tweeting in a similar fashion I wouldn't think anything of it.

• Like 3

But you seem to have made up your mind already. Rather than just give it time, you're being negative. Same goes for a few others. Haven't even played a game and you're already whining about a number of things.

• Like 1

Â