Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

30 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The high risk strategy Xia deployed well and truly blown up on all of us. What a mess, an absolute mess, he has screwed up big time with the last two managerial appointments and oh how dearly it has cost us. 

He was ambitious which I like. Without his investment, we'd be in League One now. With it, we should be Premier League.

Di Matteo, carcrash. Don't know what happened with his appointment, but that was a big error.

Since then, he's been let down by everyone he's employed to help him along. Wyness and Bruce, both total failures.

I read the statement as Bruce is staying. If we're about to hold a fire sale, that's a disastrous decision. He's finished.

Just now, hippo said:

He is finished here.

He came promising an Aston villa theme park, growing the brand  - in reality he will not or can not invest - his sole plan was spending the parachute payments to bounce us back into the PL

Sadly I can see him doing a Lerner and realising his dream is dead - hard times ahead  for us I feel .

never was 1 game so vital as last Saturday :(

13 minutes ago, Farlz said:

To me it sounds like he's pleased with how Bruce has done and basically he tries again next season

If that is the case it's again history repeating itself ...it will be like despite being shit we gave Lambert a new deal only to have to sack him when to the shock of no one he  continued to be shit 

• Like 1

If Xia sticks with Bruce then for me he is definitely Lerner MK2. That cretin couldn't see past Lambert despite large sections of the fan base knowing he was a car crash appointment. We need an owner that is not just about throwing a load of cash at the project but has a clear positive vision for the club and creates a sustainable model.

To me its part of chairmans \ owners lot to work around FFP - the clubs that do this , Leicester, Bournemouth, Wolves move upwards.

He doesn't have the money, all we know about recon is they buy and sell companies - Villa sale is on Tony's to do list now. 

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

More interested to see what happens in Jan, If we are somehow top 3 come the new year i wonder if he will just think f**k it lets spend some money to get out of this league and just pay the fine for breaching FFP

New stricter rules mean clubs can now be docked points or even demoted - there is no way we will breach ffp . 

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

More interested to see what happens in Jan, If we are somehow top 3 come the new year i wonder if he will just think f**k it lets spend some money to get out of this league and just pay the fine for breaching FFP

The penalties now include being demoted out of automatic or play-off places-so no he won't risk that

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I think Saturday may have been the most important match that a single club anywhere has ever faced. 

Really ? - without money how long would we last in the PL ?  

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

never was 1 game so vital as last Saturday :(

Its shit that there is such a lot riding on 1 game - untold riches vs severe cutbacks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think Saturday may have been the most important match that a single club anywhere has ever faced. 

I think it was the biggest game ever for the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ? - without money how long would we last in the PL ?  

Not having money isn't the problem, it's complying with FFP. Promotion would have seen a £200m windfall.

Saturday was our entire future on the line.

Just now, Xela said:

Anyway, before we all get depressed, it doesn't mean we can't get promotion next year. We just need a new approach. Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham were all down here for longer and came up with a wining formula. 

It'll be more difficult but its not a lost cause. 

Exactly it's a very easy league to get out of for a club who gets it right. You don't need money, you don't need to be a big club. We just need to get it right and it can be done with peanuts if that's all we have. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â