Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

We see away form pick up everyone's happier. [Captain Obvious Alert]

I think it's good Tony supports his manager even if he prefers youth. I am probably with Tony on this but then it's not my job on the line if we don't go up.

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

We see away form pick up everyone's happier. [Captain Obvious Alert]

I think it's good Tony supports his manager even if he prefers youth. I am probably with Tony on this but then it's not my job on the line if we don't go up.

You need both.....youth and experience.

its not or, its and.

the youth need the heads

the experience need the legs.

Tony, knows that, hence his stance.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Not at a decent bitrate it couldn't. My fag packet maths suggests it'd take about 3 minutes. Unacceptable.

Either way, the place seats 71,000 people, at 40gbps, that's barely over 0.5mbps each. May as well stay at home. ;)

• Like 2

On 08/22/2017 at 17:54, Farlz said:

Applying this to football would mean appointing a young manager with a discernable philosophy and coaching style, and backing them with patient investment over many years.

We had some discussion a year ago about whether appointing someone like Wagner would be the right approach.

What Xia has done in practice is the exact opposite of what he says in his tweet.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, peterms said:

Applying this to football would mean appointing a young manager with a discernable philosophy and coaching style, and backing them with patient investment over many years.

We had some discussion a year ago about whether appointing someone like Wagner would be the right approach.

What Xia has done in practice is the exact opposite of what he says in his tweet.

Tony sounds a tad frustrated, but we all want to see youth play more especially in games where their performances are very good....the thing is they can lose form very quickly when they are young ,its tricky and has to be managed carefully.

The mix of Experience and youth is the right approach IMO.....but they both have to be good enough and I think they are.

as for Wagner, its kinda easy to pick on success, never heard many calling for him in his early days when Huddersfield was in the lower half of the league.

There is no evidence to suggest we would be any better off and just another gamble.....just make some happy who don't want Steve Bruce.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, blunther said:

Would rather have to communicate by pigeon than have a crappy new stadium with a pathetic name and logos all over it. Vile. 

I don't begrudge other teams moving stadium or building new, but I reckon the good Dr came to Villa for all its history and its victoriana - would hate it if one day he said we had to move, but I get the feeling he'd never do that.

• Like 1

Seems like the Dr has pulled of a great publicity stunt, or that we have gained a new celebrity following :D

New album from Queens of The Stone Age:

Bildresultat för queens of the stone age villains

Or then again maybe not :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

his next tweet was shooting down a baggies fan claiming burke had rejected an £87k a week contract from us to sign for them 

"never heard of him"

It was actually a NUFC fan that said it. They seem to really dislike us up in Newcastle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, peterms said:

Irrespective of how I feel about Bruce I do not think Xia should be discussing whether we should be playing more young players or not.

Managers Manage, Owners don't. 

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Irrespective of how I feel about Bruce I do not think Xia should be discussing whether we should be playing more young players or not.

Managers Manage, Owners don't. 

I'd have thought rather than being told how to run his club, Tony should be getting some praise for giving us the best squad in the division. But what do I know. 

• Like 1

Owners should put up and shut up.  

Starting to slightly question Xia.. for all his talk what has he actually achieved? What has improved other than communication ? I don't class pinching wasps commercial director to spout shit as a huge coup. We are told he has big plans/plans in the pipeline etc etc but not seeing much evidence. Where are these other clubs he wanted to brand ? Wyness  had been away from the game for quite a while and then he appoints Round (who may come good) I've got to say I'm not that impressed anymore. The novelty of a new owner has warn off for me. Just because he is not our previous owner is not a reason to have blind faith. 

He needs to stop with the talk and actually achieve something. We can judge how generous he has been when the next sets of accounts are out. Is it FFP or the fact the parachute payments are drying up? 

I want him to be the real deal and I'm sure he is well intentioned. Just needs to show it with actions rather than spouting guff on twitter. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Owners should put up and shut up.  

Starting to slightly question Xia.. for all his talk what has he actually achieved? What has improved other than communication ? I don't class pinching wasps commercial director to spout shit as a huge coup. We are told he has big plans/plans in the pipeline etc etc but not seeing much evidence. Where are these other clubs he wanted to brand ? Wyness  had been away from the game for quite a while and then he appoints Round (who may come good) I've got to say I'm not that impressed anymore. The novelty of a new owner has warn off for me. Just because he is not our previous owner is not a reason to have blind faith. 

He needs to stop with the talk and actually achieve something. We can judge how generous he has been when the next sets of accounts are out. Is it FFP or the fact the parachute payments are drying up? 

I want him to be the real deal and I'm sure he is well intentioned. Just needs to show it with actions rather than spouting guff on twitter. 

LOL.

Probably waiting for us to get back to the Premier League?

Also, to see what other football work they are doing.

Google is your friend.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â