Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats as I said - he has a Dyche or a better manager then great. 

But this could be similar to when we held onto Sherwood, let Allardyce go to Sunderland then chose Remi Garde. 

I think the option he will turn to will be Clarke TBH.

What about if he has him lined up, then Dyche changes his mind?

My point being Bruce may not be the only (or indeed best) option he has. However in going for him Bruce may be lost along the way. 

Hes not purposely going to get a weaker manager, but judgements can be made for a whole raft of reasons.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

What about if he has him lined up, then Dyche changes his mind?

My point being Bruce may not be the only (or indeed best) option he has. However in going for him Bruce may be lost along the way. 

Hes not purposely going to get a weaker manager, but judgements can be made for a whole raft of reasons.

Thats the challenge of being an owner. If he is not going to give it Bruce - a good owner gets someone better - a poor owner has to come up with reasons why  ..."he agreed but then changed his mind' 

Do or do not - There is no try....

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Thats the challenge of being an owner. If he is not going to give it Bruce - a good owner gets someone better - a poor owner has to come up with reasons why  ..."he agreed but then changed his mind' 

Do or do not - There is no try....

Realy?

It doesnt work like that.  Bruce is a decent manager for someone our level.  That would imply that there are a limited amount who are better than him that would realistically come to us. 

So if the gamble is taken and Bruce is lost along the way we may have to settle for someone lower, but only because we went for it.

Its a question of whether you are a gambler really.

I personally think the gamble is well worth it.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Realy?

It doesnt work like that.  Bruce is a decent manager for someone our level.  That would imply that there are a limited amount who are better than him that would realistically come to us. 

So if the gamble is taken and Bruce is lost along the way we may have to settle for someone lower, but only because we went for it.

Its a question of whether you are a gambler really.

I personally think the gamble is well worth it.

Good point.

I think the odds are stacked against the gamble working myself. But we shall see,...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think I would struggle with Criticism if I had spent 50 Mill trying to reverse a clubs fortunes.

But all undermined by employing the wrong manager. - IMO he now has any easy chance to put that right. If he doesn't take it you'd have to start to wonder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

But all undermined by employing the wrong manager. - IMO he now has any easy chance to put that right. If he doesn't take it you'd have to start to wonder.

Dont think i would use the word 'easy' though.  Gamble whatever way you look at it.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Dont think i would use the word 'easy' though.  Gamble whatever way you look at it.

I mean- Bruce is unemployed, has 4 promotions to his name - and said he wants the job.  - He is the least risky option in my book. - and would easy to appoint due to him not having another club.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Of course any managerial appointment is a gamble and nothing is guaranteed. I think you can lessen that risk though by employing a manager with a proven track record showing they are capable of achieving the goals you have for the club.

Xia has stated he wants us to be one of the top clubs in this country inside a handful of years. Seems a bit of a pipe dream but that is his aim. He can try to achieve that by employing one manager to take us all the way or he can do it in stages. The biggest step is arguably getting us back into the top flight. I therefore think employing a manager who has a proven track record of getting promotion would be a low risk , relative to plenty of other managers, and sensible option in taking that step.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Wow! It makes me sad how far we have fallen. We are so desperate now that we are actually worried that we might lose Steve Bruce as a management candidate!!!!!!!

Think about that for a second. Now I have nothing against Steve Bruce, likeable chap and actually, he probably is the right thing for us right now, but Jesus - how did we end up in such a mess that we are worried that we might lose Steve Bruce?

Ideally we would get Dyche, and Bruce would go to Burnley. Realistically, I think it will be Bruce for Villa and I will be supporting him, and I will thank him for saving us if he gets us promoted, but I will be so sad that it came to this.

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Wow! It makes me sad how far we have fallen. We are so desperate now that we are actually worried that we might lose Steve Bruce as a management candidate!!!!!!!

Think about that for a second. Now I have nothing against Steve Bruce, likeable chap and actually, he probably is the right thing for us right now, but Jesus - how did we end up in such a mess that we are worried that we might lose Steve Bruce?

Ideally we would get Dyche, and Bruce would go to Burnley. Realistically, I think it will be Bruce for Villa and I will be supporting him, and I will thank him for saving us if he gets us promoted, but I will be so sad that it came to this.

Why would Dyche be ideal? He strikes me as another Lambert. Hit his purple patch with Burnley, I think Dyche will be shite when he leaves Burnley as he operates best in a small pond. I don't think Dyche would work out somewhere bigger.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hippo said:

I agree.

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Of course any managerial appointment is a gamble and nothing is guaranteed.  I think you can lessen that risk though by employing a manager with a proven track record showing they are capable of achieving the goals you have for the club.

Xia has stated he wants us to be one of the top clubs in this country inside a handful of years. Seems a bit of a pipe dream but that is his aim.  He can try to achieve that by employing one manager to take us all the way or he can do it in stages. The biggest step is arguably getting us back into the top flight.  I therefore think employing a manager who has a proven track record of getting promotion would be a low risk , relative to plenty of other managers, and sensible option in taking that step.

is there much else to say? wrapped it up well.

Dr Tone needs to wrap it up now....and lets get in to the business of clawing our way back.

I think we need to do a bit of a West Ham (ignoring this season). We're in the shit, let's get a fat Sam/Bruce type in for a bit to steady things up and when we have achieved all we can with that manager (promotion, brutal, grinding footy and consistent 12th-15th in the Prem), look to invest further and get a more progressive manager, and move up the table. 2-3 seasons. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â