Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, Richard said:

In the next tweet he refers to a 5 year plan. I hope it is better than the last 5 year villa plan 

Yeah, fingers burnt by 5 year plans, hopefully means realistically challenging for europe, villa park at capacity buoyed by optimism and improved worldwide exposure, as opposed to promotion from championship followed by survival, survival and survival

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He is quiet most days during the day to be fair and when you get to that level, you only really get involved in the big decisions.

He's trying to get a new 'business' off the ground in Aston Villa, so for the time being that IS his day job. That's my take. On a much smaller scale (obviously!) my business more or less runs itself now and we've only 5 employees and a couple of contractors. Get the right people that you trust and they're pretty self sufficient, I spend maybe 10-15 hours a week working on it whilst dedicating the rest of my time to other ventures*

*Mostly VillaTalk and Twitter right now!

And business hours in Asia are in full swing while you guys are asleep. Blokes like this tend to work 16-18 hour days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Tony just knocking around on Broad Street...

Suprised he could get into any clubs with those shoes on.  Sorry Tony ladies and couples only. 

9 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah, fingers burnt by 5 year plans, hopefully means realistically challenging for europe, villa park at capacity buoyed by optimism and improved worldwide exposure, as opposed to promotion from championship followed by survival, survival and survival

Lets worry about Derby away.

Worry about 2021 when it arrives. 

14 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

We don't want a repeat of the Adebayor saga from this time last year and ending up with no striker.

Forgot about the Adebayor saga.  I recall him scoring on his debut and thinking how blinking typical,  we missed out and now he's going to be a revelation.  Checking back now he made 7 appearances and scored 1 goal last year.  

I think we had a lucky escape as he would more likely than not have made no impact on our disaster of a season whilst sucking the kind of money out of the club that Nzogbia and Gabby combined could only dream of. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lets worry about Derby away.

Worry about 2021 when it arrives. 

Of course, I am sure that's what RDM and his team are doing. it was just in response to something Dr Xia had said about a '5 year plan'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Forgot about the Adebayor saga.  I recall him scoring on his debut and thinking how blinking typical,  we missed out and now he's going to be a revelation.  Checking back now he made 7 appearances and scored 1 goal last year.  

I think we had a lucky escape as he would more likely than not have made no impact on our disaster of a season whilst sucking the kind of money out off the club that Nzogbia and Gabby combined could only dream of. 

Oh yeah he would have been a disaster for sure but, because of us having no other targets, it was obvious we were after a striker but had put all our eggs into one Adebayor-shaped basket.

If our preferred no.9 is a difficult target to land, I'm more confident this time around that we'll actually have an alternative in mind.

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Of course, I am sure that's what RDM and his team are doing. it was just in response to something Dr Xia had said about a '5 year plan'.

It is absolutely right that Tony focuses on long-term planning and investment  - RDM and the players job is to focus on Derby.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Oh yeah he would have been a disaster for sure but, because of us having no other targets, it was obvious we were after a striker but had put all our eggs into one Adebayor-shaped basket.

If our preferred no.9 is a difficult target to land, I'm more confident this time around that we'll actually have an alternative in mind.

Sorry wasn't disagreeing with you, just some musings after being reminded about Adebayor. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â