Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

23 hours ago, useless said:

I suppose Wales have got this far and haven't really played all that well. If they and Bale can get going who knows what's possible.

Have you even watched one of the games?

We were good against Slovakia and excellent against Russia, poor in the other 2 so that's good performances in 50% of the matches, little bit different to not "played all that well".

All of them except for the Russia game, if the other matches are examples of Wales playing well, then I feel sorry for them. Surely there's more to come, they'll have to play better to beat Belgium, which they very well may do.

You know what ..good luck to the welsh. Initially I was annoyed at bales comments but they have backed up their words. If I was a England player and saw bales comments i would want to do my damnest to prove him wrong and do better than the welsh. But did they? no. no passion, no guts, no fight

spineless losers. God luck the welsh 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Anhrefn. Great band in their day. 

I'd been meaning to post up the Candelas version, but An's was so obviously better.

Too fast for me to follow all but a couple of words, but it's the feels that count.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Welsh team celebrating our defeat like they won the tournament

CmCS5KpWgAAxmSR.jpg

Perhaps some would say that's yet more english arrogance. The world does not revolve around the england football team.

Wales and Iceland were criticised in the press for being minnows diluting the quality of the tournament. Iceland had two players on that pitch that were playing for Swansea and Cardiff. The ITV pundits were discussing who England wanted to play next. 

You yourself said you wanted to play Belgium. So you wanted Wales to lose? Then you come in to the light hearted positivity of the Wales thread for a moan when people cheer an Iceland win? How **** disrespectful.

I felt sorry for england, I felt bloody chuffed for Iceland. 

It's only football, just enjoy the ride and stop worrying about the others. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Joe Hart is a total dickhead

but you can get away with that if you are actually good at your job ;)

though FWIW Arnason has said the quotes are fake 

Just now, Zatman said:

but you can get away with that if you are actually good at your job ;)

though FWIW Arnason has said the quotes are fake 

Still a dickhead :D

• Like 1

Kari Arnason ‏@karibestmeister  8h8 hours ago

Quote attributed to me following our game v. ENG are untrue and absolutely false. Full respect to the England team and players.

shame, I really liked the Harry Kane one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

CmCS5KpWgAAxmSR.jpg

Perhaps some would say that's yet more english arrogance. The world does not revolve around the england football team.

Wales and Iceland were criticised in the press for being minnows diluting the quality of the tournament. Iceland had two players on that pitch that were playing for Swansea and Cardiff. The ITV pundits were discussing who England wanted to play next. 

You yourself said you wanted to play Belgium. So you wanted Wales to lose? Then you come in to the light hearted positivity of the Wales thread for a moan when people cheer an Iceland win? How **** disrespectful.

In fairness to Dem, I think it's not unreasonable to assume that the catalyst for that celebration was largely down to England's exit, rather than Iceland's progression (try as I might I can't find the Welsh squad's reaction to Iceland's win against Austria so I can only assume they weren't as fussed about recording that particular moment for posterity ;)).

I don't really see that as English arrogance in thinking that either. 

Media talk of how we should take on France in the next round, yes, total arrogance. And defeat serves them bloody right for assuming that.

Suspecting that Wales were more pleased with the fact they progressed further than England (and all the other home nations) as opposed to the success of the deserving underdog, I think that's a fair suspicion.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

CmCS5KpWgAAxmSR.jpg

Chill out how have i been disrespectful??

I think you're right there Shropshire Lad. As good a reasoning as any.

Annoyingly, I wrote something similar, about Wales winning a mini competition of last team standing so probably well happy about that. I wrote it but something happened and it didn't post. Same happened with a couple of killer posts I tried to get in the Brexit thread yesterday. I'm blaming the fact I'm in a juggling act at the moment between being in pain, taking medicine when I don't normally take any (first time for even paracetemol in several years), and drinking more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years.

Actually, now is probably as good a time and place as any to apologise in advance for the next few days....

...bear with me, should all be done n dusted by Saturday.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â