Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I would also like to add that Brighton are one of the top sides in their league and one of their best players is...steve sidwell. Thats the level we are going to and people think we are going to get relegated again??

no he isnt, he only played because Dale Stephens was suspended. Didnt even start the big game at Boro last week

• Like 1

Randy has proved almost impossible to succeed under and recently impossible to work for, yes. IMO. 

I didn't say that 'nobody' would be interested but we're in a much, much worse position than we were even 2 months ago. We're in limbo. Fox was on over a million pounds a year, Bernstein and King driven out of the club within a month.

I'm just not seeing the positivity. I can't get my head around it. It's bitterly disappointing but this is the plight we face. 

Even if we lucked into another decent CEO/manager who didn't **** off after a few weeks, it won't last. He won't allow it. He will destroy this club given time. 

He has to go. Then I'll have no doubts about our draw and our potential. I know how big this club is but with Lerner at the helm we might as well not bother at all. 

Bastard. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Randy has proved almost impossible to succeed under and recently impossible to work for, yes. IMO. 

I didn't say that 'nobody' would be interested but we're in a much, much worse position than we were even 2 months ago. We're in limbo. Fox was on over a million pounds a year, Bernstein and King driven out of the club within a month.

I'm just not seeing the positivity. I can't get my head around it. It's bitterly disappointing but this is the plight we face. 

Even if we lucked into another decent CEO/manager who didn't **** off after a few weeks, it won't last. He won't allow it. He will destroy this club given time. 

He has to go. Then I'll have no doubts about our draw and our potential. I know how big this club is but with Lerner at the helm we might as well not bother at all. 

Bastard. 

A take-over looks close so that's why some people aren't full of doom and gloom. Even if there is no takeover though I think the chances of a second relegation are being overstated a bit.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

A take-over looks close so that's why some people aren't full of doom and gloom. Even if there is no takeover though I think the chances of a second relegation are being overstated a bit.

If a takeover does not happen then IMO relegation again is nailed on.

If a takeover does happen then it will still be tough.  A mere takeover is a not a panacea to all our ills,  we have loads and loads of issues all created by the owner and all needing resolving before we can even think about getting back into the premier league.  That is why delays,  and lets face it we have not capitalised at all on the last 6 weeks,  are going to harm us further.

• Like 1

I think that people are a bit unfair towards Lerner. I mean, if he had been Captain of the Titanic, I am convinced it wouldn't have hit that iceberg. It would have gone down before it ever reached it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't think a takeover is "close". At least, I don't trust anything I am hearing, we've heard it all before. So much ITK bullshit. Even IF it is true, Randy has history of **** it all up at the last minute, so faith is not something that comes easily to me where he is concerned. At all, in fact. 

Are you also suggesting we should keep shtum until the club is sold? I asked this before, how long do we wait? Until July? August? 6 months? A year? 10 more?

I'm not full of doom and gloom bud. I can see light at the end of the tunnel IF were continue to stand up for ourselves and don't accept the bullshit.

I'm simply no longer willing to hide from what I see, our magnificent football club in free fall. 

If Birmingham can finish top half with the complete mess their club has been in then there's no reason why we are nailed on to go straight down again.

You don't actually have to be very good to be in the top half of the Championship. Our under-21's would probably survive that league imo. It's hardly great in quality......  Barry Bannan was in the team of the year ffs :lol:

A takeover, new manager, fresh investment will give us something we've not had for a long time. Momentum. Confidence and momentum go a long way in football. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If Birmingham can finish top half with the complete mess their club has been in then there's no reason why we are nailed on to go straight down again.

You don't actually have to be very good to be in the top half of the Championship. Our under-21's would probably survive that league imo. It's hardly great in quality...... 

Whilst this may be a slight exaggeration, I agree with the principle - we're not getting relegated next season.

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

If a takeover does not happen then IMO relegation again is nailed on.

If a takeover does happen then it will still be tough.  A mere takeover is a not a panacea to all our ills,  we have loads and loads of issues all created by the owner and all needing resolving before we can even think about getting back into the premier league.  That is why delays,  and lets face it we have not capitalised at all on the last 6 weeks,  are going to harm us further.

This is the thing, Rich. All talk is about how we go about re-building the club - at all levels - following a takeover. Nobody, and I include the clown himself in this, knows what Lerner's plans are should he fail to sell the club. Let's face it, there are no guarantees that he will NOT be owner for the next season or beyond. He is owner of the club and cannot simply expect someone to take it from his hands. He has it until someone decides they are serious about buying us and taking us forward. If nobody buys it from him, what then?

I would not be amazed at all if we got to the end of July without a new owner and then seeing some laughable statement on the website saying that Lerner is a willing owner but due to the fact the potential takeover fell through he is now going to have to set about finding a new manager, coaching staff etc. I think he is that stupid and irresponsible that he would allow it to go that far before thinking of doing something about the coming season. Even if he couldn't sell and started the re-building process early enough, does anybody trust him to get the right board, manager, backroom staff, supply enough funding for transfer dealings etc? I certainly don't and would definitely fearing another relegation with Lerner still here.

• Like 1

I think people are in for a massive shock if things don't go to plan this summer. If they think our U21's would finish top half. 

That's all really. And I think we as supporters need to prepare for the worst case scenario rather than showing blind loyalty to ITK accounts and flimsy club statements. 

If they're correct, great, point score away! Nobody will actually give a damn right? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think people are in for a massive shock if things don't go to plan this summer. If they think our U21's would finish top half. 

I did say they would survive the league, not finish top half :D 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I did say they would survive the league, not finish top half :D 

Ah yes. 

They probably wouldn't. They'd get smashed off the park, bullied and beaten most weeks. 

It's not a great league in terms of ability, not compared to the Premier League, but it is a slog. We currently have neither of those attributes. Neither Premier League quality or fight. On or off the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They probably wouldn't. They'd get smashed off the park, bullied and beaten most weeks. 

It's not that aggressive. The Championship and the lower leagues seem to have this mythical aura about them that it's all blood and thunder football, players get kicked the living shit out of them, football can't be played.

It's not like that at all. Most teams play a counter attack based football because the quality is just so poor. If you can get a manager who can organise a defense to not concede 4 goals a game you'll be alright. Our under 21's with Veretout, Ayew, Amavi, Gil, Grealish, Rudy and a new CB pairing would be fine in that league. Obviously would need a few more players to make up the numbers for injuries etc....  but it's a piss poor league. 

• Like 1

Veretout and Gil arguably Jack as well havent really shown a thing to say they will be OK in Championship. We need a new goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 3 midfielders, winger and a striker and maybe mix them with Under 21s

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's not that aggressive. The Championship and the lower leagues seem to have this mythical aura about them that it's all blood and thunder football, players get kicked the living shit out of them, football can't be played.

It's not like that at all. Most teams play a counter attack based football because the quality is just so poor. If you can get a manager who can organise a defense to not concede 4 goals a game you'll be alright. Our under 21's with Veretout, Ayew, Amavi, Gil, Grealish, Rudy and a new CB pairing would be fine in that league. Obviously would need a few more players to make up the numbers for injuries etc....  but it's a piss poor league. 

It runs at 100mph. The Premier League has the reputation, The Championship is just as intimidating for younger players. It's why many of them, including the really good ones, drop a league lower to be blooded. 

You make it sound so easy. I've watched a lot of championship football this year and I'm just not buying that the likes of Gil and Veretout, complete failures at Premier League level will be stars at Championship level. Serviceable players maybe, but stars? Not until I've seen it with my own two eyes.

We got relegated because not a single person at the club gives a sh#t. Unless that changes and changes quickly, i don't think the idea of relegation is as outrageous as some are suggesting. 

Lets not forget where Chelsea were before José got the sack. The quality of our squad in relation to championship squads is irrelevant, the players, like everyone else at our club (fans aside) have downed tools, and until they have been replaced and a new culture is installed we will keep dropping. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

no he isnt, he only played because Dale Stephens was suspended. Didnt even start the big game at Boro last week

Well the commentators were all raving how much of a is player sidwell is for them...

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well the commentators were all raving how much of a is player sidwell is for them...

I know we didn't particularly rate him at the time for us, rather unfairly I thought, but he earned his move to Chelsea then played a role in helping Villa to 6th twice. Unless you've watched him regularly this season, how can you be sure he's not having a Renaissance?

He has roughly 200 Premier League appearances to his name, for much, much better teams than we currently are. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â