The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

You'd think if one of the buyers was Ellison he'd probably be granted exclusivity seeing as he's been pictured at Villa games before, likely a Villa fan and as far as money is concerned he's likely never running out of it. Just seems like the ideal candidate to me not mention he's a fellow American so Lerner would likely feel more comfortable selling it to him. 

Why?

19 minutes ago, Daweii said:

You'd think if one of the buyers was Ellison he'd probably be granted exclusivity seeing as he's been pictured at Villa games before, likely a Villa fan and as far as money is concerned he's likely never running out of it. Just seems like the ideal candidate to me not mention he's a fellow American so Lerner would likely feel more comfortable selling it to him. 

I am sure that picture was proven as fake last time round. It was cut and shopped from as US sports game, the exact same pose/cap 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daweii said:

when was he seen at Villa game? You do realise that was a photoshop job doing the rounds of him 2 seasons ago sitting at Villa Park :)

13 minutes ago, Daweii said:

7aa13c3d7c9c6264e5a4b7b6dccfce7a-getty-1

Bm41MNXIAAAZaxU.jpg

Picture photoshopped and flipped.Original at top!

Edited by Villan4Life

The brum mail are saying larry ellison is one of the three. I simply will not beleive that because it would be so frickin unbeleivable! It would be game changing, like when man citeh got rich. Oh please please please!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, a m ole said:

You'll have to excuse me for not believing a word of this takeover talk. I'll at least be happy if I'm wrong.

Yes, I don't believe a word of it. I'm pretty sure I was at least partially responsible for beginning the Wang Jianlin rumours in the first place. 

Whether there is malice intended or not, it's very difficult to get tone and context over when you're typing something on the internet. For all intents and purposes, 'chinky' is just a word you don't say any more because it has negative connotations. It's not exactly hard to say 'I went for a Chinese the other day', either. 

Moving back to the takeover, I'd prefer anything Ellison backed over the other rumoured candidates at this stage. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Moving back to the takeover, I'd prefer anything Ellison backed over the other rumoured candidates at this stage. 

Can I ask a favour? Who are all the rumoured candidates?

(Yeah.. maybe I can troll through this thread for the answers, but seeing the posts on this page alone - I'd rather not).

8 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

(Yeah.. maybe I can troll through this thread for the answers, but seeing the posts on this page alone - I'd rather not).

We don't really know - Some Chinese group are apparently one of them, which doesn't exactly narrow it down. The reason I'd prefer Ellison is that there are fewer cultural hurdles to overcome in the way business is done and with him there would definitely not be potential political issues (i.e. falling out with the wrong crowd in power and getting locked up for tax evasion/corruption/taking money out of China etc etc.) 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Apparently 1 Chinese, 1 American, and one Consortium of Villa supporting business men.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2