Doping

penguin

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

yep he is a dodgy one for me, failed one as a player and only cleared on technicality

He actually failed two in serie A in a two week period. He was cleared a few years later on the fact the body produces Nandralone naturally. Still doesn't explain how his levels were both different in the two failed tests :lol:

It's been noted by lots of fans this season going on this odd report from early March

http://talkingbaws.com/2016/03/some-arsenal-fans-have-a-conspiracy-theory-about-leicesters-incredible-run/

I like the fairy tale that is Lecicester this season, but IF their top players are doping, well that's absolutely seismic for the premier league and it's tv billions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

IMAGINE if Leicester do it and win the title... And then this blows up and the title is taken off them

It would be crazy, and hilarious.

Would give Roy a bit of a headache ahead of the Euro's if Vardy was implicated in these allegations, actually standard England pre-tournament!

Edited by Genie

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's pretty damming if you ask me. Albrighton third?? Wes Morgan 8th?

It needs to blow up I have no doubt we've played quite a few teams who have been at it. 

4 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

It needs to blow up I have no doubt we've played quite a few teams who have been at it. 

Both top 20s are from mid season, and Hutton is in there at 12th - so I think it's fair to say there are probably exceptions - but taking that into account, there is something mighty fishy going on and I don't think its the crisps they've been eating. Zaha, Bolasie, Walker, Walcott - you'd imagine they were all faster than a 29 year old unknown for his pace for his entire career prior to this season.

Oddly enough gabby not in the top 20 this season - can't figure it out....

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

IMAGINE if Leicester do it and win the title... And then this blows up and the title is taken off them

the cynical side of me would have the bigger clubs pushing this angle at the moment 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Expect a boost in Man City's fitness next season. Man City probably already are apart of this conspiracy but Guardiola is, in particular, an expert on this subject. 

It's hard for this not to sound offensive, but to be honest I start from a position of complete suspicion with almost all Spanish athletes on this particular subject.

• Like 1

This may well be a whole lot of nothing, it should be said. The Italian centre Leicester went to has a pretty shady past, but this doctor may well be a fantasist. The Sunday Times have apparently sat on the story since October, have been unable to corroborate it, and then launched it this weekend anyway, with caveats:

So it's just the word of this one doctor, talking to a person he was trying to sell doping to. 

(Obviously even if he is lying, that doesn't mean doping isn't happening in football.)

The doctor is just a side story really. Him and his outfit sound like small fry's and not part of a specific programme what the Leicester players are obviously on.

Not that it's only Leicester who are at it, they've just got into bed with the Italian outfit who have some particularly good/bad previous at the 'doping' game. 

It was already being mentioned before this clown of a doctor came along.

Those are into cycling (I'm not actually one) will be able to tell more....

Edited by supernova26

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's hard for this not to sound offensive, but to be honest I start from a position of complete suspicion with almost all Spanish athletes on this particular subject.

Yes, Nadal clearly on the gear throughout his career. 

You only need to look at the number of failed tests in football to show you that testing is a joke in the game. If it was done right players would be testing positive bceause of the sheer volume of players in football. However FIFA, like Golf and Tennis have adopted the 'if we don't look then we won't find' approach. They know that postive doping tests are bad for business, see cycling. You are much better off ignoring the issue and pretending that your sport is clean. All the samples taken at world cups get destroyed to make sure there won't be any proof if there are whistleblowers in the future. Doping is rife in football, Italian/Spanish/Russian clubs and national teams all up to their necks in dope. Plenty of others too. 

Edited by villa89

13 hours ago, supernova26 said:

says nothing in my opinion, the "fastest" title in those articles is decided by the top speed reached by a player in a game. 35khm/h is about 20 mp/h, on modern surfaces that is not near the top speed that the fastest players would be able to reach if they were flat out (Bolt hits nearly 28mp/h on a track). Players rarely sprint flat out, and if they do it's never for long enough to reach a top speed you'd be able to accurately use as a yardstick to compare players.

Those figures more likely a symptom of the way Leicester play. Blistering counter attacks with long balls into the channel that Vardy and Albrighton have a lot of grass in front of them to chase. Then you might have anomalies like Morgan or as someone mentioned earlier, Hutton, which could be one instance of them busting a gut back towards to goal to rectify an defensive mistake.

Additionally, i doubt any PED's they'd likely take would affect that stat. it's pretty clear Vardy isn't on the sort of testosterone sprinters might use to add power, as he's still as skinny as he ever was, ditto Marc.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â