Football board

Sam3773

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

At least he gives a **** about our club..

I did enjoy most of this article 

That's probably the best and most coherent statement Collymore has done and he's spot on. TBF though I think virtually all Villa fans would've said the same. I do like his idea of getting the Yorkes etc being Worldwide ambassadors. 

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

I wouldn't be so sure. A guy like Pearson would view Gabby as a real asset in the Championship.

based on what?

he kicked Beckford out of his team at Leicester because he didnt think he be an asset

In many ways, Gabby is custom made for that division, it's amazing he's played Premier League football for so long. He's a decent lower league player with a cock of the walk attitude that Pearson probably thinks is good and manly.

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Hate him for being a woman beater and the fact he was a big money buy for Little and didn't perform but I think he is a genuine Villa fan.

This is it for me (aside from the woman beater) he his having a go and to fair he different didnt perform just like the current idiots....so it's a little funny that he is so vocal although to be fair he is more vocal about the running of the club in most of the stuff I've seen from him.  Still doesnt matter, he is one of us and had a chance at we all wanted to do but squandered his immense talent

10 hours ago, YGabbana said:

I dont get the hate for Stan. He loves Villa and is as passionate as they come

Try disagreeing with him about something. Then you'll see why people hate him.

Stan's opening statement talks about decresed chances of a cash rich billionaire buying the club; have FFP rules been seriously amended or does Stan have no clue what they mean?

Stan's right, isn't he?

No billionaire can now come in and do what Man City or Cheslea have done. To get to the top is much harder now. Which will put potential owners off who want instant success.

Edited by PieFacE

The thing Stan says about how we should be wary of Lerner just lowering the price is true, and something I've been saying for a while.

I want Lerner gone as much as the next guy. But if he lowers his asking price too far, then the chances of us getting someone even worse increases. Even though Lerner is shite, we should still be wary of who takes over from him. Things could actually get worse.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The thing Stan says about how we should be wary of Lerner just lowering the price is true, and something I've been saying for a while.

I want Lerner gone as much as the next guy. But if he lowers his asking price too far, then the chances of us getting someone even worse increases. Even though Lerner is shite, we should still be wary of who takes over from him. Things could actually get worse.

Yeah I look at it in rather simplistic terms. If someone won't buy us for £150m* but will buy us for £100m* then in my mind, the same new owner would be unwilling/unable to fully back us in the transfer market.

It probably isn't that simple, but that's a worry for me.

* estimate purchase prices sourced from the top of my head

There is another way to look at it.

Right now you can buy a team that is at the bottom of the Premier league for 150 million.......or   Next year you can buy a team that is near the top of the Championship for 100 million. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â