Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Was reading through their forum, my god are they obsessed with us.. they do not support SHA, they just hate Villa. I am hoping that it won't happen to our fans after that many years in the championship. sad sad bunch. 

Jealousy, nothing more. Don't worry about them.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind Simon Grayson. Hes got promoted at every club hes been at. Has seen a few of the lower leagues and might be able to pick a few gems out to help us get promoted. Villa lad too.

I'd be more inclined to go with somebody coming in on the back of some recent success (relatively) like Hughton or Grayson, than somebody on a downer like Moyes. 

We're already on a downer as it is and we need somebody strong and positive to lift us out of the funk.

10 hours ago, sne said:

I think IF Moyes is ready for a new big project he'll go to Newcastle, regardless if they are relegated or not (Don't think Rafa will remain there)

Not sure Moyes is ready to step into the spotlight again thou. Would be surprised if we have the ambition needed to appoint him.

I think there would be less pressure for Moyes if he came here ahead of newcastle. everyone is expecting us to struggle next season but if newcastle go down they will be expected to win the league with ease if he doesnt he will damage his reputation further.

hopefully us not spending in january will mean a bigger budget in summer. I wont hold my breath on that though under that bafoon lerner

Any of Grayson, Adkins, Warburton, Rowett, Hughton, Dyche, Moyes imo would be decent 

having said that, we will probably end up with Neil Lennon 

Adkins and Grayson? No matter how far we have fallen surely we can attract better managers than those journeymen?

Rowett not been contacted according to a bcfc source on vital bcfc. So Pearson at forest now looking likely, best guess is we are down to moyes, dyche, bruce, mick. Moyes looks most likely now given the others are a bit busy and we need new man in before newcastle start their search. Give him what he wants Hollis!

On 10 April 2016 at 19:30, OutByEaster? said:

Difficult, yes...but generally worth the effort.

I remain someone who would be disappointed with Pearson, I think if we get the appointment right, then the manager will help define what we are - I'd hate to think that the club would be made in the image of a dog average bully - that said, I wouldn't be overly surprised if I get the chance to find out.

For me, a club in a situation like ours need someone that can carry the flag, someone we can rally around and who we can take pride in sparking a revolution. I think Moyes can do that, I think a young manager with a bit about them might have a chance of doing that, I think Pearson would be immediately divisive and I'm not sure he's good enough to overcome that.

Fair point.

is there a young Graham Taylor out there?

I suspect Moyes will only take the job with significant backing so that rules him out. Pearson to Forest will be interesting for next season as if he is as good as some people think he could well put Forest where we want to be.

If its between Bruce & McCarthy I would question how short term the board are looking especially as I keep hearing whispers that McCarthy is a done deal.

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I suspect Moyes will only take the job with significant backing so that rules him out. Pearson to Forest will be interesting for next season as if he is as good as some people think he could well put Forest where we want to be.

If its between Bruce & McCarthy I would question how short term the board are looking especially as I keep hearing whispers that McCarthy is a done deal.

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Rowett not been contacted according to a bcfc source on vital bcfc. So Pearson at forest now looking likely, best guess is we are down to moyes, dyche, bruce, mick. Moyes looks most likely now given the others are a bit busy and we need new man in before newcastle start their search. Give him what he wants Hollis!

But Black and Bruce have teamed up before. So in a sense half the duo is already in place, which negates the urgency. I reckon it will be Bruce. 

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

My mate who is an Ipswich fan said McCarthy will be leaving after this season finishes

17 minutes ago, KHV said:

My mate who is an Ipswich fan said McCarthy will be leaving after this season finishes

I too get the feeling all will become clear at the end of the season. If it is someone already in a job it doesn't make any sense to rock the boat before the season end.

No way is Grayson's name once cropping up in this thread if not for his previous link with the club as a player. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant being mentioned in the same breath as the Villa job. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Isa said:

No way is Grayson's name once cropping up in this thread if not for his previous link with the club as a player. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant being mentioned in the same breath as the Villa job. 

im not even sure what club Grayson is even managing these days until I checked google, his win record is nothing special at all