Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Ah yes, Celtic's wonderful allure of Champion's League football: getting utterly spanked in the group stages year in year out.

Didn't they beat Barcelona 2-1 and qualify from the group stage about 3 years ago?

Ah yes, Celtic's wonderful allure of Champion's League football: getting utterly spanked in the group stages year in year out.

Are you kidding me? Are you alluding to the case of Villa being a better option?

Behave!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Keane, rodgers, moyes and lambert all linked with the post. if I was Celtic I would go for Lambert I think they would be a great fit for each other. i then expect lambert to get the Scotland job once he wins some silverware up there.

I think Moyes would want financial guarantees and control over signings. Seeing as he's worked with Wyness before hopefully this can also sway him. If the Dr gives him the assurances he needs we'd be ideal for him. Even though we aren't in the PL we are the biggest club available to him at present and like us he needs to restore his reputation. If we do have a lot to spend we need a manager who has done it before and done it well. 

RDM 1/3

Pearson 7/2

Moyes 16/1

Martinez 20/1

Fistface 20/1 

Warnock 25/1

Thtas top 6 at the moment. Dr Tony has to get this appointment right and make it a big name as a statement of intent that he has arrived. I hope he will try sway Moyes as I feel he would unite the fans and bring a buzz back to the place. But if not RDM would be my choice

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Are you kidding me? Are you alluding to the case of Villa being a better option?

Behave!

Without going into its too much Celtic is an easy club to manage. You have one rival and a few big European nights but getting a team challenging at the top of the PL is a bigger pull now I know we aren't in the PL but if we do have the money and the ambition to challenge I'd say we'd be the better option but Celtic does have a romantic pull for some managers. 

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Without going into its too much Celtic is an easy club to manage. You have one rival and a few big European nights but getting a team challenging at the top of the PL is a bigger pull now I know we aren't in the PL but if we do have the money and the ambition to challenge I'd say we'd be the better option but Celtic does have a romantic pull for some managers. 

IF we get the money and If we start challenging at the top of the table there would be an arguement. As it is promise gets you nowhere, the same with money and ambition.

Are QPR a better draw than Celtic?

14 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

they dont even get that far anymore ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Villa a few weeks ago no.  Villa with plenty of funds and big ambitions in the premier league next year is a more attractive option IMO. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I think Moyes would want financial guarantees and control over signings. Seeing as he's worked with Wyness before hopefully this can also sway him. If the Dr gives him the assurances he needs we'd be ideal for him. Even though we aren't in the PL we are the biggest club available to him at present and like us he needs to restore his reputation. If we do have a lot to spend we need a manager who has done it before and done it well. 

Indeed and this is possibly a big reason why it won't happen if the new regime go with a DOF system. Whereas somebody like Di Matteo has always worked under one without issue.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Keane, rodgers, moyes and lambert all linked with the post. if I was Celtic I would go for Lambert I think they would be a great fit for each other. i then expect lambert to get the Scotland job once he wins some silverware up there.

Rangers are back next season, not a chance will give it to a manager like Lambert if have any sense

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't they beat Barcelona 2-1 and qualify from the group stage about 3 years ago?

Yes, you're right. Here's their last 10 years:

15/16: Didn't qualify

14/15: Didn't qualify

13/14: Last in group stage

12/13: Round of 16

11/12: Didn't qualify

10/12: Didn't qualify

09/10: Didn't qualify

08/09: Last in group stage

07/08: Round of 16

06/07: Round of 16

My point is, Champion's League contenders they ain't. :lol:

I'm really bored.

• Like 1

Yes, you're right. Here's their last 10 years:

13/14: Last in group stage

12/13: Round of 16

10/12: Didn't qualify

08/09: Last in group stage

07/08: Round of 16

06/07: Round of 16

My point is, Champion's League contenders they ain't. :lol:

I'm really bored.

Whereas here's Aston Villa's last 10 years:

13/14: Didn't qualify

12/13: Didn't qualify

10/11: Didn't qualify

08/09: Didn't qualify

07/08: Didn't qualify

06/07: Didn't qualify

But yes, obviously a much more attractive proposition than Celtic - where you're pretty much guaranteed to win the league and be in Europe ;)

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Who'd want a bunch of silverware on their CV, only an idiot. UTV.

silverware or money though? I imagine Villa pay better salary than Celtic

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Who'd want a bunch of silverware on their CV, only an idiot. UTV.

Right, but Scottish silverware is about as prestigious as the dump I took this morning. Anyway, I'll stop letting my disdain for Scottish football veer the topic off course.

13 minutes ago, Isa said:

Indeed and this is possibly a big reason why it won't happen if the new regime go with a DOF system. Whereas somebody like Di Matteo has always worked under one without issue.

Di Matteo hardly hangs around long enough to fall out or make demands. Only 2 complete seasons in all his managerial career? If RDM didn't win the CL would he even get linked with jobs? My biggest concern is he hasn't a record of building teams. I've no idea what his style is or how he gets players performing but we need a manager that can whip this lot into shape. 

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Whereas here's Aston Villa's last 10 years:

13/14: Didn't qualify

12/13: Didn't qualify

10/11: Didn't qualify

08/09: Didn't qualify

07/08: Didn't qualify

06/07: Didn't qualify

But yes, obviously a much more attractive proposition than Celtic - where you're pretty much guaranteed to win the league and be in Europe ;)

I bet if we were in that division we would have had more success than Celtic, that league is a farce

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rangers are back next season, not a chance will give it to a manager like Lambert if have any sense

Even Lambert could win some titles there that league is worse than the championship!

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Even Lambert could win some titles there that league is worse than the championship!

Rangers beat Celtic last month, have a really good manager and signing players like Joey Barton who are too good for that league