Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its scandalous to say the players won it and the amanger had absolutely zero input in the win. How about we scrap the FA cup wins for Arsenal under Wenger over the last few years. Lets say Walcott and Giroud won them the cup and Wenger didnt against us. 

scandalous? he got his medal but I would give him very little credit for it. Drogba was playing his last few months for the club and he wanted go out with a bang. Cant think of one thing Di Matteo did that Mourinho, Hiddink or Ancelotti wouldnt have done

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

come on, Chelsea have always played that way especially vs Barcelona under Mourinho and even Hiddink

Hiddink is stretching it, Mourinho yep but not quite to the degree which they won that final. Either way, RDM didn't inherit Mourinho's Chelsea, he inherited AVB's Chelsea. That there were senior players who have played a similar style I have no doubt, that RDM as manager did nothing to organise that team I don't believe in the slightest.

Isn't the best comparison for Di Matteo at Chelsea our own Tony Barton? Took over late on in the season to win the European Cup/Champions League? 

To be fair to Di Matteo he was only given the job permanently at Chelsea because Abramovich felt he had to after winning the prize he desperately wanted. You could argue he was never given the opportunity to do anything at Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

scandalous? he got his medal but I would give him very little credit for it. Drogba was playing his last few months for the club and he wanted go out with a bang. Cant think of one thing Di Matteo did that Mourinho, Hiddink or Ancelotti wouldnt have done

So he's crap but did what Mourinho, Hiddink and Ancelotti would have done. Hmmmm. Yes that is a collection of 3 of the poorest managers I can think of...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

That is crazy what your suggesting. So your saying any player that hits abit of form coming towards the end of their career at the club should take all the credit for winning a trophy and the manager gets none? Who chooses the players to go? the tactics etc? Completely disagree with you here

The fact remains none of the other three won the CL with Chelsea, RDM did and that cant be ignored and swept under the carpet.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Cant think of one thing Di Matteo did that Mourinho, Hiddink or Ancelotti wouldnt have done

A manager did the exact same things as 3 of the best managers in the world would do to win champs league? Sign him up

Edited by gharperr

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Any manager we hire will get a chance. My top 5 list of semi-realisitic available candidates would be...

1. Moyes

2. Pearson

3. Hughton

4. Di Matteo

5. Karl Robinson or Gary Rowett

My top 3

1. Chris Coleman

2. David Moyes

3. Mark Warburton

I am not enthused by Di Matteo.  I am however enthused by the prospect of investment into the club to sort us out and get us back to competing effectively and successfully.  If he the new manager receives the backing to enable him to do that then fair enough

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

I am not enthused by Di Matteo.  I am however enthused by the prospect of investment into the club to sort us out and get us back to competing effectively and successfully.  If he the new manager receives the backing to enable him to do that then fair enough

In all seriousness, I don't actually think it will take an amazing manager to get us out of the Championship if the club backs the manager and isn't run like a circus.

Di Matteo, Rowett, Moyes, Pearson, Hughton, Bruce, McCarthy.

I think all of them can get us back into the prem if they're backed appropriately and receive the support they'd need, which I HOPE the takeover will provide.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Normally I would disagree with this but in this instance its right, the same as it was the players that got Mourinho the sack. Anyway Chelsea got lucky. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In all seriousness, I don't actually think it will take an amazing manager to get us out of the Championship if the club backs the manager and isn't run like a circus.

I think all of them can get us back into the prem if they're backed appropriately and receive the support they'd need.

Exactly, the task of improving us for anyone even half-arsed with experience in running a football club shouldn't be that hard. Getting us straight back up avoidign the play-offs will take a bit of doing, getting us competitive in the premier league however is a different thing entirely.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Exactly, the task of improving us for anyone even half-arsed with experience in running a football club shouldn't be that hard. Getting us straight back up avoidign the play-offs will take a bit of doing, getting us competitive in the premier league however is a different thing entirely.

True, but like I keep saying, I don't think the next manager we employ has to be a manager that gives us that long term goal.

A manager to get us promoted and survive a season in the prem is what we need. From there we can stick or twist.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think all of them can get us back into the prem if they're backed appropriately and receive the support they'd need, which I HOPE the takeover will provide.

Backing in the Championship is a lot harder - no more than an £8m loss in a season I think?  Thankfully (or otherwise) should we get promoted, the Premier League don't seem to care much about what a club has done in the league below.

34 minutes ago, Richard said:

How much investment would you be happy with?

I would think new owners would stick in about £10million to spend on players (which is decent in the championship along with funds from selling half our team).

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How much investment would you be happy with?

I would think new owners would stick in about £10million to spend on players (which is decent in the championship along with funds from selling half our team).

I hope new ownership would allow us to keep the likes of Ayew, Gana and Adama first of all, then give the manager enough to spend on some key areas.