Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Most football fans wouldn't give a flying fig who the manager is so long as the right results are happening on the pitch.

Factually, in most managerial sackings, the back room staff also leave the club - especially when a new manager comes in.  It seems to be the case at Leicester that the back room staff were asked to stay on and carry on doing their work.  That's pretty rare, no?

It's not a stick to beat Pearson with - it's an acknowledgement of how well those particular staff members have performed.  And, look, things have only gotten better for Leicester.  If the whole team was the problem, the whole team would've been removed.

But didn't Pearson go for other than football reasons?.....which would explain why the owners recognised the good football work being done and kept on the backroom staff.

Its all cosmetic anyway, we will probably get someone else.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

But didn't Pearson go for other than football reasons?.....which would explain why the owners recognised the good football work being done and kept on the backroom staff.

Its all cosmetic anyway, we will probably get someone else.

Maybe.

Still, Arsenal are after their scout - not their ex-manager.

Just now, bobzy said:

Maybe.

Still, Arsenal are after their scout - not their ex-manager.

I understand your point and hey no one is disputing the worth of Steve Walsh.....Arsenal probably have a vacancy for a scout ......but not for the Manager role, so its a bit academic really......They wouldn't be interested in Pearson for that reason.

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Hollis to Pearson:-

"Say Nigel, this takeover thing is taking a smidgen longer than expected - can you wait until a couple of weeks before the season starts"

Pearson

"Sorry Mate I expect to have other offers by then"

Hollis to RDM:-

"Say Roberto, this takeover thing is taking a smidgen longer than expected - can you wait until a couple of weeks before the season starts"

RDM 

"No problem Stevie, its not like any else wants me !" 

You say this in jest, but I'd be chuffed if that's what had happened. Silver lining to the takeover taking too long.

• Like 3

as said in other thread we are so far behind other teams in preparation for next season especially when we actually had a huge head start. Manager should have been hired by now and he should be getting his backroom into place and working on signings

I bet we havent spoke or even approached anybody yet so managers cant even do a little homework

Tenuous link alert:

Mates missus is best mates with Pearsons daughter. Asked him to enquire.

Pearsons daughter said her old man isn't saying anything, not even a hint, which suggests there is something there.

30 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Tenuous link alert:

Pearsons daughter said her old man isn't saying anything, not even a hint, which suggests there is something there.

At least she wasnt called an Ostrich ;)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hopefully the club are on the phone to Hughton first thing in the morning.

I think Hughton would be the absolute definition of a safe pair of hands. Wouldn't excite a lot of people, but wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either.

33 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Tenuous link alert:

Shit, just put £5 on Moyes.....

14 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I think Hughton would be the absolute definition of a safe pair of hands. Wouldn't excite a lot of people, but wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either.

I tend to agree.

I think a safe pair of hands is exactly what we need.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hopefully the club are on the phone to Hughton first thing in the morning.

I like Hughton and I think he's done a tremendous job at Brighton.  They were incredibly unlucky both to miss out on automatic promotion and then all luck went against them in the playoffs.

I'm not sure whether he's the right man to sort out our bunch, but I like him and hope he's at least on a list of candidates.

Hughtons a fantastic young manager. has had success at all the clubs he has been at. I definitely think he would be interested if we approached him. No idea why we are not even contemplating him, its bizarre yet mccarthy and fistface have been strongly linked. would prefer a rowett or a hughton over dinosaurs like the other two

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hughtons a fantastic young manager. has had success at all the clubs he has been at. I definitely think he would be interested if we approached him. No idea why we are not even contemplating him, its bizarre yet mccarthy and fistface have been strongly linked. would prefer a rowett or a hughton over dinosaurs like the other two

To be fair, that's nothing to do with the club and all to do with rumours and what punters want to back.  Hughton may well be very high on a list of candidates - who knows.