Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

4 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I disagree fully on this, the problem at the club is that we have wasted so much money, our highest earners include, N'Zogbia, Lescott, Richards and Gabby. Disgusting stuff. I'd rather get rid of our high earners than our low earners at the moment to be honest :)

I agree.

But this cull of the high earners started with young and downing. Results wise its been a disaster for the club. I don't have much time for any of the players you list - poor choices. However constantly bombing out big earners IMO will only accelerate our decline. They will always be players who don't justify there salary. But moving forward better players will command higher fees and wages

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I agree.

But this cull of the high earners started with young and downing. Results wise its been a disaster for the club. I don't have much time for any of the players you list - poor choices. However constantly bombing out big earners IMO will only accelerate our decline. They will always be players who don't justify there salary. But moving forward better players will command higher fees and wages

I agree, selling your best players is not the right way to improve, but I dont think we sold Milner, Young, Benteke, Delph or Downing because of their high wages, we sold them because they wanted to move on and play European football. Also the amount of wages we paid in wages under O'Neill was much too high and unrealistic for a club like us. Which meant we had to clean up, we had soooo much deadwood high earners that did nothing on the pitch and the problem at the club is that we replaced our best players with more high earning deadwood. Aston Villa FC are limited in the amount we are able to spend, whoever our owner is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John said:

Mick McCarthy now 2nd favourite at 3/1 with Corals :o. Do they know something that we don't?  

No, someone probably just put £20 on him. The next manager markets fluctuate hugley with even small bets given the opportunity for "insider trading".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

Mick McCarthy now 2nd favourite at 3/1 with Corals :o. Do they know something that we don't?  

Mick will be our next manager

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Mick will be our next manager

That is the concern but as villa89 has said above the price can change due to small bets being placed it seems quite a few of those have been placed in recent days to get Mick to 3/1.  .  

Personally, I like McCarthy. Old school, no shit taking kind of manager and 'that' gif will run forever. But long term? Unless there are plans to employ someone simply to get us back up then upgrade?

And I do fear Grayson might go the same way as Lambert, which does'nt give us much leeway really. Moyes won't want to know and the rest are hardly worth mentioning, especially the likes of Bruce.

Hughton is pretty likeable, but when they start talking cack about eejits like Yorke, then it all becomes a lottery.

I **** love the Villa Facebook feed, today it's about BFR and all the idiots are coming out with their "Come back and save us Big Ron" comments.

Don't they remember how shit he was when we sacked him? He was finished 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I **** love the Villa Facebook feed, today it's about BFR and all the idiots are coming out with their "Come back and save us Big Ron" comments.

Don't they remember how shit he was when we sacked him? He was finished 20 years ago.

Plus the subsequent racist scandal too. He's a joke of a man. 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Personally, I really wouldn't want McCarthy but hey, if it is him I will get behind him! Would still love Dyche though!!  Wonder if we will here who it is by Saturday night?

I would hope that there will be an announcement next week after relegation is confirmed. This would also mean that it wont be McCarthy or Bruce getting the job.