Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand why people want Nigel Pearson as manager :(

there is one glimmer of hope for pearson IMO, he comes in here and calls a spade a spade...

"gabby you are **** shit, worse than that you are a poison killing this club, get the **** out" and then repeats that to around 7/8 others

im hoping for some home truths to a lot of our "stars"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

there is one glimmer of hope for pearson IMO, he comes in here and calls a spade a spade...

"gabby you are **** shit, worse than that you are a poison killing this club, get the **** out" and then repeats that to around 7/8 others

Is there any evidence that Pearson will instill discipline and sort out the toxic elements in the dressing room? As I've said plenty of times before, acting like he does in interviews doesn't necessarily mean he'll do what's necessary behind closed doors.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The only time he took over a relegated Premier League club, he came 11th in the Championship.

Plus he's not experienced enough generally if I wanted a "Championship manager".

Plus he's been out of the game for this entire season.

Plus he's a thug.

Couldn't even discipline his own **** son.

Cannot stand the bloke. People think he would come here and sort the dressing room out is wishful thinking. I remember Newcastle said the same with Souness joining to sort out Dyer, Jenas, Bellamy, Bramble etc...

It does not work.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

That would be right, another manager with so called potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3502832/Aston-Villa-consider-Anderlecht-coach-Besnik-Hasi-Remi-Garde-nears-exit.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa to consider Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi as Remi Garde nears exit

• Aston Villa expected to announce departure of Remi Garde in next 24 hours
  • Albanian Besnik Hasi has emerged as a surprise name under consideration
  • Former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates 

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa.

The Premier League basement club are expected to announce the departure of Remi Garde in the next 24 hours and former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates.

Pearson wants a club he will be allowed to develop and grow and Villa fits the bill in many ways but it is not an easy task. There are also potential changes at other clubs which he is maintaining interest in.

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa

+4

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa

Frenchman Remi Garde is expected to leave the Premier League's bottom club in the next 24 hours

+4

Frenchman Remi Garde is expected to leave the Premier League's bottom club in the next 24 hours

Hull's Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis at West Brom are other names in the frame for Villa but Hasi has been proposed to Villa as another coach of great potential.

Hasi, who was at the Manchester derby on Saturday sat alongside City and Belgium captain Vincent Kompany, is only 44 but has quickly established a reputation for developing young players and has shown an ability to cope after some stars were sold on.

A centre-back as a player, Hasi was born in Yugoslavia but went on to represent Albania and won 44 caps.

He began coaching as an assistant at Anderlecht in 2008 and became manager in 2014 and has a 53percent win percentage. 

Anderlecht are third in the Belgian League with some promising youngsters such as Dennis Praet and Youri Tielemans expected to attract big offers from Premier League sides in the summer.

Oh sweet, another promising manager who's gonna be given no money and then sacked after 20 games.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Oh sweet, another promising manager who's gonna be given no money and then sacked after 20 games.

I dont believe for a second they will risk another non experienced coach in england. 

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand why people want Nigel Pearson as manager :(

We've been so shit for the last five years, it's just broken many fans :lol:

I'd rather have a good manager who isn't likely to upset the entirety of the playing staff as soon as they walk through the door. Do you think players live on another planet? Can't imagine the few good ones we have will be desperate to play for this madman.

He may do a good job to be fair to him, I think being criticised so heavily will have him taking a backward step some of the time now.

But he certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I'd like Bredan Rogers, irrespective of what happened at Liverpool, he still managed to get Swansea promoted and kept them in the league while playing decent football. Exactly what Villa need.

Haha. Brendan Rodgers? :) We might as well go for Messi and Ronaldo up front whilst we're at it. That's about the likelihood of Rodgers ever coming to our disaster of a club. Seriously, he is so far out of our reach its ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I'd like Bredan Rogers, irrespective of what happened at Liverpool, he still managed to get Swansea promoted and kept them in the league while playing decent football. Exactly what Villa need.

He is exactly what WE need however we are not what he needs. His ego now would never allow him to come here, he wouldn't risk tainting his CV (sadly) with us.

Maybe if an über rich billionaire bought us as his new play thing he could be tempted just can't see it under any other circumstances unfortunately. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Haha. Brendan Rodgers? :) We might as well go for Messi and Ronaldo up front whilst we're at it. That's about the likelihood of Rodgers ever coming to our disaster of a club. Seriously, he is so far out of our reach its ridiculous.

Because he spent time at Liverpool? lol. You realise he was a championship manager right?

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would be surprised that anyone would think that arseholes like Agbonlahor, etc, are going to react well to that.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because he spent time at Liverpool? lol. You realise he was a championship manager right?

Because he was within a slip of winning the title two seasons ago and is probably going to be the next England manager I'd imagine.

I was happy that the club was trying to change and become more modern, it will be deflating to have one of the good old British dinosaurs that have been mooted coming in to manage us, and no doubt bringing in shit hot British players like Lescott, Richards, Westwood, etc.

• Like 4