bringbackbigron

As much as I like the man and as much as I like the appointment, there's just no way an advisor to the board can have a big impact on this sort of club in this sort of state. 

I will not let this cover up the mess. Nothing but Lerner leaving is acceptable IMO.

• Like 3

Brilliant news. Hopefully some of the advice he will dish out to the board will be things like 

"OK so we are buying a one trick pony in Rudy Gestade.  Now who are we going to buy next to feed his one trick" and "Why are we spending a huge slice of our budget on a young untried Barcelona reserve who MIGHT be one for the future when we are up sh!t creek without a paddle NOW" 

You know that kind of advice 

• Like 1

One small step for us but a giant leap given what has gone before it. Brian walks on water which is a very good thing as the club is sinking fast. Nice to see a positive step rather than another backward one.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Delighted. But I have to question, what exactly is his role as "advisor"?

Regardless, welcome home Brian. 

To me it feels like a PR move. No real commitment, just someone offering advice and a name the fans like and respect. 

Surely if they wanted real change and input from him he'd have a role a bit more important than advisor. 

• Like 2

According to the article he is to be part of the board along with bernstein, it's the latter I'm most interested in, a very well proven man at premier league level.

I think if by some miracle Tom fox survives he will be demoted to purely commercial business perhaps and keep out the way of footballing matters?

• Like 1

Some good news in a bleak winter for AVFC. Not a PR move IMHO.

Edit - actually I've under reacted - this is bloody brilliant news. Championship here we come but never again will the likes of Fox, Almstadt and Reilly be allowed to gamble with our future with complete impunity.

Edited by Jareth

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Some good news in a bleak winter for AVFC. Not a PR move IMHO.

Edit - actually I've under reacted - this is bloody brilliant news. Championship here we come but never again will the likes of Fox, Almstadt and Reilly be allowed to gamble with our future with complete impunity.

How will an advisor to the board stop the actual people making the decisions?

Look at your reaction, you've used the term brilliant news, while we sit bottom of the table and relegated. It's a PR move. 

30 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Yeah its a PR move. Cant blame Brian for taking it cause coaching Jersey FC dont bring home the money. Still sad to see him attached with this owner.

I think Brian is above taking this role for the money alone. He adds something that we have been missing (being a well respected Villa man). I expect he will make his opinions known to the board rather than act as a "yes man". If they are ignored on a regular basis I doubt he would stick around to be seen as supporting a board who he disagreed with.   

• Like 4

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I'd like to think he has taken the job with the right intentions. 

Me too, I just doubt that he will given the mandate to actually change anything

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How will an advisor to the board stop the actual people making the decisions?

Look at your reaction, you've used the term brilliant news, while we sit bottom of the table and relegated. It's a PR move. 

Not an advisor, but a member of the board according to the BBC and others.  Not a PR move, we are beyond quick fix PR moves at this point. Beginning of the recovery IMHO - obviously you are free to be as cynical as you wish also.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â