The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Well if thats the case then Chindie, then why is the rest of the EU in complete freefall.Spain, Portugal and Italy, are in danger of defaulting on their loans, then we have Greece.The only countries in the EU that can compare to our record over the last 20 years is probably Germany.

You probably overestimate the importance of  the EU, and i am probably overoptimistic

Historically Greece is a basket case economically. Its suffered numerous economic crashes in history, famously a hundred years ago. It got hit hard by the recession (some of which is related to the EU you'll be delighted to hear). The same is roundly true of all the southern European states. 

That has nothing to do with the pound growing stronger immediately after a 'Brexit'. That's pretty much a financial impossibility. A Leave vote introduces uncertainty into the world of finance, money doesn't like uncertainty, and ultimately that madness the pound weaker. In the event of a Leave result, a pound today is worth more than a pound in 3 months, unless they're is an absolutely unprecedented event in the meantime.

25 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Well if thats the case then Chindie, then why is the rest of the EU in complete freefall.Spain, Portugal and Italy, are in danger of defaulting on their loans, then we have Greece.The only countries in the EU that can compare to our record over the last 20 years is probably Germany.

You probably overestimate the importance of  the EU, and i am probably overoptimistic

This post should be emphasized so much.

Pretty much every country in the EU is doing the same as it was since prior to the wars. The med nations have always been inflating away like mad, but it works, sort of. The Germans like being German and the Brits the same. Some nations like Ireland got the leg up that was required after 50 yrs with minimal economic development. Same can be said of Greece, Portugal and I bet it's what's hoped by most of the Eastern nations that applied too.

One should also remember that the fantastic economic growth of the UK is predicated on the Financial economy, whereas Ireland for example is dominated by foreign mega-corps. So, when huge economic growth is pointed to that clearly demonstrates that the UK doesn't need the EU and is in fact being held back by it... well sure if you look at the top line numbers, but the numbers related to the real lives of UK/Irish/Germans are pretty much all the same, i.e., stagnant or decreasing.

Now back to those 2 wars... EU.

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

According to YouGov, 46% of leave voters think it could be rigged.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/745177091314900992

Imbeciles.

I'm reading a lot of shit like this. Was going to post on the "piss you off thread" the other day. I saw one guy saying that everyone he knew was voting out, so there's no way remain could win, so if they do it's a fix. I wanted to point out that it's probably because he only knows idiots, but then I realised he knows me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I haven't voted.  I feel less of a human than I did yesterday.  I would have voted remain,  and I'm fairly confident that they won't need my vote.  

if it comes down to one vote we know who to blame.

• Like 2

Very busy at my polling station at 7:40 this evening. I've certainly never had a 10 minute queue at general elections.

On the upside, it was a peaceful 10 minute wait whilst all those in the snaking queue were polite enough to discuss anything but the referendum.

Edited by brommy

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I can already tell the Leave side are going to take it well if they lose.

Tomorrow will be carnage if it is a loss. Especially if it's close.

I'm avoiding the news.

Walked out of the polling station to hear a couple of old blokes harping on about the good old days. "We have to leave, right. I remember before this EU, we used to make things".

It's a shame I didn't hear the imbecile on the way in, in case his compelling argument changed my mind,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

doesn't need to be rigged anyway, Cameron could ignore a leave result if he really wanted to

It's been a few years since we had a good riot.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â