The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

just thought I'd slip it in there 

it is a bit like having to choose your most trustworthy crocodile

The fable of the scorpion and the frog - the scorpion stings the frog after promising not to because it is its nature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Cameron stated he would back leave if certain demands weren't met. Those demands were widely seen as only partially met or rather paltry, especially as we know the main issue for many is his failure to get anywhere near his aim of only double digit thousands in net migration to the UK. Having previously stated that he was ready to leave, apparently it will be catastrophic. Something doesn't add up.

It may be catastrophic on the economy. The "issue" with immigrants should very much be in back ground when making a decision whether to stay or leave.

Woking Station today when I dropped the boy off for his journey to school , had a couple of Remain people there handing out leaflets

few people said I voted Leave to them , few people told them thay had already voted remain ...99% just looked at their feet and walked past them

so on that basis I can conclusively say without doubt  , that I have no idea who is going to win

My instinct is project Fear will win , the large % of undecided I think will side with them to remain  ...

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I voted remain, but even though I've read many articles and opinions, watched videos, read research papers, and listened to debates, I still didn't feel fully informed and comfortable with it all. 

As mentioned by others: it wasn't one for the general public. I agree. 

There is a lot of information to take in. The media and politicians make it more difficult for people to decide by spouting total bollocks 99% of the time.

45 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Voting to remain, purely because the Leave campaign have done nothing to convince me otherwise. 

The Leave campaign was utterly atrocious.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Voted remain - The less power the Conservatives have over our country the better, 

The most senior figures in Cons are part of Remain team ? Seems to me they winning either way espcially as despite all the campaigning debacle they still have better approval ratings than Corbyns Labour 

3 minutes ago, Nabby said:

The most senior figures in Cons are part of Remain team ? Seems to me they winning either way espcially as despite all the campaigning debacle they still have better approval ratings than Corbyns Labour 

I don't think it's that simple.

The party is very much divided as a result of this referendum.  The party will definitely see wholesale changes after it.  This will lead to old faces going and new faces coming, of which, the public will know very little of.

The Tories are in a very, very fragile position and must reunite on their direction quickly.  Otherwise, you'll naturally see approval ratings drop through the floor.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't think it's that simple.

The party is very much divided as a result of this referendum.  The party will definitely see wholesale changes after it.  This will lead to old faces going and new faces coming, of which, the public will know very little of.

The Tories are in a very, very fragile position and must reunite on their direction quickly.  Otherwise, you'll naturally see approval ratings drop through the floor.

I don't see it like that , the main players Cameron , May , Osbourne campaigned for remain the number who openly came out for Leave is very small.Whilst their approval ratings have taken a knock Labour are miles away from opposing them.

Remain winning will see end of Gove and IDS 2 MPS would are pretty much universally disliked so for me its win win for Cons either way. Labour especially Corbyn just haven't done enough in campaign to win back any voters  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â