The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Hey Brexiteers, tell me why everything's going to be ok.

This is quite an amazing request. As the list of positives seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

I keep saying it, but I no longer know anyone who voted for Brexit that can give me a single positive that will come from it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, peterms said:

A small personal footnote.

When I was a kid, I remember making up parcels of second hand clothes to send to my Irish family back in Ireland, because they were poor and needed help.  It was a poor country, truth be told.

This week, I'm processing Irish citizenship for my kids, as a protection for them.

How times have changed.

This reality does not sit easily within the Nigel Falange/Lord Snooty/Iain "what day is it?" Smith view of the world,  but it's my lived experience.

Yep, I didn't do the care packages of course, I'm too young. 

But I've got my forms to get my Irish passport.

Hard to imagine a decade ago that I'd be feeling the need to obtain another country's passport and potentially stockpile a bit of food and medicine when I was 32.

I would like to sort out Polish citizenship potentially but it's a risk. You can only apply for it twice. I know an English bloke who got it on the 2nd attempt after 8 years here, having bought 2 flats so I think I'll wait.

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Change of topic but interested in it:

We saw the pound tank when the leave vote came in; what would happen to it if article 50 was withdrawn today? The same spike upwards?

Yes you would see an immediate bounce. 

It's in a state of limbo at the moment waiting to see what will happen. If no deal is confirmed it will drop further. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is quite an amazing request. As the list of positives seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

I keep saying it, but I no longer know anyone who voted for Brexit that can give me a single positive that will come from it.

Depends on your point of view. 

If you have a sideline business relabelling out of date tins of army rations, you'll probably think it's great.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Would we be able to ditch GDPR and I would be able to view some american websites that are blocked to me without using a vpn?

Yea! Let's get rid of @GarethRDR! He's a well sweaty prick! BAN BAN BAN!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That'll be because there aren't any.

Bit like outspoken Brexiteers in this thread. Then again it's always hard to accept you've been conned I guess.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That'll be because there aren't any.

Bit like outspoken Brexiteers in this thread. Then again it's always hard to accept you've been conned I guess.

Exactly.

It now just seems to be "well that's what we voted for so we have to do it"

Depressing.

27 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Then when you ask them where they've gone they make up some abuse so that they don't have to defend their dated opinions.

As Stevo said, still yet to see a single benefit that we didn't already have while being in the EU.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly.

It now just seems to be "well that's what we voted for so we have to do it"

Depressing.

It says everything when those with the authority to intervene will do so when they don't like the name of a boat, but do naff all against one of the biggest acts of economic self-harm ever embarked upon.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â