The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Can't we just forcefully disband UKIP?

Yeah, and overturn the referendum result while we're at it.

Democracy in action.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

After @mjmooney mentioned it, I had a look. Apparently I am an Irish citizen already through my mum's birth, so would just need to apply for a passport to prove dual nationality. 

It's something I'll definitely look at if it helps whether travelling or working in the future.

Apparently I've got to get his birth certificate (my Granddad) and he's both and dead and was kind of excommunicated so that dream might be over.

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Can't we just forcefully disband UKIP?

Like him or not they had a charismatic and inspiring (if easily influenced) leader.  They've achieved their main aim I think they'll disappear into the doldrums now.  Not that worse won't rise from the ashes.

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It's as if he feels his work is done and he has won.  Ugh.

He has won. I'm not sure whether one man has had such a huge  political impact by campaigning on a single issue since William Wilberforce - no I'm not comparing the men or their causes, but the extent of the change they achieved.

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

He has won. I'm not sure whether one man has had such a huge  political impact by campaigning on a single issue since William Wilberforce - no I'm not comparing the men or their causes, but the extent of the change they achieved.

Agreed, I just find it hard to stomach.

23 minutes ago, limpid said:

He'll be joining the tories by the end of the week.

Seems likely that's what he's aiming for, although I can't see it happening that soon.

He's already talking about being happy to help in the Brexit negotiations. I'm not sure it's a great tactic to have someone in the negotiating team that is thought to be a massive tosser by everyone on the other side of the negotiating table (not to mention quite a few people on the same side).

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yeah, and overturn the referendum result while we're at it.

Democracy in action.

Quite the opposite - I think we should be pushing ahead rather than messing about and adding more uncertainty. People voted for it so lets go with it.

Guys, there's a gaping ravine ahead of us. Now, we can stop for a moment and try to work out what's the best away to proceed, or we can take our chances right now and jump.

Your choice lads.

• Like 1

I think there will be a GE before any Article 50 triggering, and the outcome of a GE will basically be a binding result of either Leave or Fudge. What will happen if said outcome is a coalition is another matter, and chances are that is what we'll get as the country is pretty much split down the middle on this one.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

1 hour ago, limpid said:

He'll be joining the tories by the end of the week.

the way the North leaked voters to UKIP he'd be better off standing against Corbyn

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

That **** dickhead Johnson has been at it in the Telegraph again, saying Cameron should proceed with Brexit plans because it can't wait until September.

He should keep his **** mouth shut and put the keyboard away, the goofy haired prick forfeited any right to have his say when he ran away instead of having the balls to lead himself.

He gets £250,000 a year for dictating that column to someone.   Nice work if you can get it, especially when it's basically only pocket money to you. 

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats exactly what I think is going to happen

He is continuing as a UKIP MEP and leading the group in the EU Parliament until UK leaves. He's definitely not joining another party!

Also there's bugger all chance of a GE before the UK has exited the EU. None.

No one really expected the word removed to give up on the gravy train did they? He gets paid to attend the European Parliament, and he barely does. Got it nice and easy.

16 hours ago, Awol said:

The EU position currently is for the UK to conclude political negotiations and exit from the EU before any trade negotiations commence

The EU position, as I understand it from the media etc. is that they will not talk to us about anything 'till we invoke article 50, whereupon all aspects of the future relationship, post actually having left, can start to be negotiated. Trade being a prospective part of that discussion/negotiation.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

The EU position, as I understand it from the media etc. is that they will not talk to us about anything 'till we invoke article 50, whereupon all aspects of the future relationship, post actually having left, can start to be negotiated. Trade being a prospective part of that discussion/negotiation.

Fair enough, as I said I thought they were clear on no trade deal until exit finalised. The approach you've described would be far better. 

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

He is continuing as a UKIP MEP and leading the group in the EU Parliament until UK leaves. He's definitely not joining another party!

So he doesn't have to rely on his German wife for financial security then?

1 hour ago, blandy said:

is that in the same way that Jose Mourinho didn't talk to Man U until LVG left the job ?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â