The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Link

At least he’s not one of the numpties still claiming it’s a success.

I'd love to know how he himself would have managed it so that Brexit was a success.

He'd just come out with more bullshit about how a totally hard Brexit would have been better without any evidence of how.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'd love to know how he himself would have managed it so that Brexit was a success.

He'd just come out with more bullshit about how a totally hard Brexit would have been better without any evidence of how.

The Brexit we got must have been far harder than he could have imagined. I don’t think anyone expected us to be so close to no-deal. They said many times that a bad deal was worse than no deal but we still ended up in that place.

He’s right about our politicians too, trying to negotiate with the EU by being rude, antagonistic and pissing them off wasn’t really the best tactic.

Brexit was a terrible idea, then once vote leave won it was handled appallingly to make the most of the situation we got ourselves into. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

He’s right about our politicians too, trying to negotiate with the EU by being rude, antagonistic and pissing them off wasn’t really the best tactic.

That's exactly what he himself did everytime he attended the European Parliament as an MEP

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's exactly what he himself did everytime he attended the European Parliament as an MEP

True, but he wasn’t charged with trying to get a good deal for the country. He was just being a prick because his supporters lapped it up. 

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Link

At least he’s not one of the numpties still claiming it’s a success.

Same as the NatC Tories. Brexit isn't a success because the terms aren't harsh/ right wing enough 

3 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Same as the NatC Tories. Brexit isn't a success because the terms aren't harsh/ right wing enough 

If only the Tories were around to do something about it at the time.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If only the Tories were around to do something about it at the time.

Everyone knows May, Johnson, Truss, Sunak are all secret remainders sabotaging Brexit 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's all a bit "no true Brexit" isn't it, this isn't what people voted for, they voted for...Something different. A better Brexit. 

For decades we'll be paying the price of a referendum settled with the choice of "the status quo" vs "any one of dozens of mutually exclusive possibilities some unaccountable charlatans are trying to sell you".

That's the huge elephant in the room though, isn't it. You can't offer a vote on terms that aren't entirely within your control. Why should the EU bend over backwards to meet the criteria put to the British Public, when they hadn't agreed to them in the first place.

It's like me putting a vote to Villatalk that we all get free Ferraris, and VT users getting p***ed at Ferrari when they say 'hell no, why would we give you free cars'. 

What kind of Brexit voters wanted is irrelevant if those terms are not on the table. I mean, it sounds as though we barely discussed terms until we were out, which was YEARS after the vote itself. It's all nonsense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That's the huge elephant in the room though, isn't it. You can't offer a vote on terms that aren't entirely within your control. Why should the EU bend over backwards to meet the criteria put to the British Public, when they hadn't agreed to them in the first place.

It's like me putting a vote to Villatalk that we all get free Ferraris, and VT users getting p***ed at Ferrari when they say 'hell no, why would we give you free cars'. 

What kind of Brexit voters wanted is irrelevant if those terms are not on the table. I mean, it sounds as though we barely discussed terms until we were out, which was YEARS after the vote itself. It's all nonsense.

Can I have an Aston Martin instead of a Ferrari please? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

No, it will destabilise Northern Ireland.

I don't care about them. They weren't even in my thinking. 

I want an Aston regardless 👍

Just now, sidcow said:

I don't care about them. They weren't even in my thinking. 

I want an Aston regardless 👍

I'll get Farage on the case.

And then drop said case off the nearest cliff. The white cliffs of Dover are appropriate, I think.  

The same populist shite is picking up traction in Poland now.

The leader of a far-right party is very active on TikTok and is picking up a huge gathering with his 'if we're in power, there will be no national insurance or taxes deducted from your salary' that obviously everybody loves because free money.

Libertarianism is a mental illness. Goes hand in hand with populism too as who doesn't want more freedom?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The same populist shite is picking up traction in Poland now.

The leader of a far-right party is very active on TikTok and is picking up a huge gathering with his 'if we're in power, there will be no national insurance or taxes deducted from your salary' that obviously everybody loves because free money.

Libertarianism is a mental illness. Goes hand in hand with populism too as who doesn't want more freedom?

Was in Krakow over the weekend and it was a good insight. The number of people out protesting gave me hope that people are still able and willing to voice their opposition. 
Had some very odd conversations with a friend of a friend there who is all for the current regime. Said his parents were very liberal and would have been at the Warsaw March but they were just idealists who didn’t get how it worked. It was quite an eye opener to see that younger people are buying in to the anti-EU, anti-woke type of agenda. To be fair, he did say he worked for Kaczynski though so maybe he wasn’t reflective or the norm. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Erm… Where is that famous balanced BBC

It could however be a pass me the popcorn night :D

I might have to make an exception and actually watch

It would be great if they got the band back together

Screen-Shot-2018-05-14-at-14.57.15.png

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â