The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

There are just no words

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wetherspoons-tim-martin-get-rid-of-the-f-ing-tariffs-and-brexit-works-hs5rkns8w

Wetherspoons’ Tim Martin: Get rid of the f***ing tariffs and Brexit works

After spending months trotting up and down the country and appearing on any television station that would have him, he rejoiced when Britain voted to leave the European Union. But the rejoicing didn’t last long.

“Tony Blair hit the nail on the head when he said Boris doesn’t have a plan,” he booms

“One of the big advantages of Brexit is to get rid of the f***ing tariffs,” he fumes. In his view, Britain should become a free trade economy - striking

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There are just no words

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wetherspoons-tim-martin-get-rid-of-the-f-ing-tariffs-and-brexit-works-hs5rkns8w

Wetherspoons’ Tim Martin: Get rid of the f***ing tariffs and Brexit works

Which tariffs did he want rid of?

Incidentally, the share price of Weatherspoons is going well.

42-D5-B685-BFBC-40-E0-8-D34-EBACC6653866

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Today they’re putting 32 pubs up for sale.

If there was a wish list of people to get burned by Brexit he’d be near the top. 

Where will I go to sit in silent despair while lamenting the bad choices I made now? That's basically what Wetherspoons is for. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Where will I go to sit in silent despair while lamenting the bad choices I made now? That's basically what Wetherspoons is for. 

Find one of the ones still open, and try to bankrupt them via their free refills on coffee.

• Haha 1

"Sorry about us being massive c**** for the last six years..."

(to be fair, accepting you were wrong is laudable and decent.  He's still a massive c*** though and when his seat goes in 2024 it will be Mellor-esque in its catharsis)

• Like 2

Grant Schapps just said he hasn't met anybody in the £150k bracket who thought it was a good idea.  Obviously not been speaking to any Tory Party Donors then. 

Edited by sidcow

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Grant Schapps just said he hasn't met anybody in the £150k bracket who thought it was a good idea.  Obviously not been speaking to any Tory Party Donors then. 

They wouldn’t, all they would have saved is 5% worth of tax over £150k which wouldn’t be that much. I think I read that it wasn’t until you started to reach the stupid levels of income that it would start having an impact. That bracket would do better in a cut to a lower bracket.

I don't know how the above business owners voted in the referendum but if they voted remain then I feel really, really sorry for them. Any business that relies on exports into the EU though that voted to leave I have no sympathy for them, other than for those who work for them, as there was enough information out there, so long as you didn't listen to grifters/those clearly spouting nonsense for the wrong reasons. If that referendum was crucial to your business then you'd spend hours and hours and hours ensuring you knew what you were voting for, and understood the consequences, before placing your X. 

Edited by markavfc40

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this question posted on twitter earlier to leave voters:

If we were to rejoin the EU what Brexit benefits you've had would it hurt you most to lose?

Over 1400 replies and from my brief look through them I couldn't see anyone who had listed any benefits. We obviously have leave voters on here so it would be interesting to see some of the post Brexit benefits they'd be gutted to lose.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â